Part Three

"You've gotta be bull$#%++in' me!" An incredulous Jack O'Neil berated. "Parallel universes?! Gimme a break!"

"It's all true, mate," Maureen told him, smiling with her arms folded. "Don't get me started on how I've met three other blokes who look just like you. One of 'em even tried to kill me!"

O'Neil glimpsed over at Jackson, who had the biggest grin on his face. "You absolutely love this, don't ya?"

"Are you kidding?" Jackson scoffed. "To find out that not only do other planets exist and the pyramids were built on them, but also that there are parallel universes...this is the best day of my life!"

            "Well, I'm glad to hear that, Daniel," Jack patronized

"Well, I'm glad to hear that, Daniel," Jack patronized. "But, in case you've forgotten, we're all stuck here, because you can't dial the Stargate and get us back home!" It was a harsh reminder to Jackson, who nonetheless maintained a positive attitude.

"That pyramid we arrived in lacked the cover stone with the proper coordinates for a return trip," the Doctor noted. "I'd hoped there would be one – it would've made things so much easier."

"That was my hope as well before we got here," Jackson coincided.

"I have a better exit strategy," said Maureen, who quickly became the center of everyone's attention, including the Doctor. Between the presence of her future mentor/friend and her commitment in keeping him from discovering who and what she was, she diverted the attention over to the one person who practically welcomed it. "And by 'I', I mean 'Craig'."

Craig stiffened at the utterance of his own name. "What? Me?"

"Yes, you," Maureen verified. "Don't you remember Neas's gift to you? That sonic-powered crystal you can summon his TARDIS with? Like the one you have at the top of your staff right now?"

It took Craig a moment to follow her clues, not until she uttered them in verbatim.

"Oh, yeah!" he joyously beamed in recollection.

"Wait, that's what your staff crystal's been this whole time?!" a surprised Kelsey exclaimed. "It's a real space crystal?!"

"Space crystal," J.P. muttered, virtually mesmerized by the artifact embedded at the head of Craig's staff, which – until that very second – he had always given a passing thought to.

"Sorry I couldn't tell you guys about it before," Craig said. "But wait 'til you see what it can do!" He proceeded in aiming the staff towards one unoccupied space of the desert region and concentrating as hard as he could. Nothing happened, which made Craig wonder if he was following Neas's directions correctly.

While all eyes were on Craig and his staff, Maureen reached behind her to retrieve the sonic screwdriver that she kept clenched between her butt cheeks for over an hour. It was the most uncomfortable experience in all her twelve lives – even more than cutting off her hand when it was assimilated by an alien parasite. But she brought it on herself, wearing lingerie with no pockets.