Part Six

Everything was set for the "Abydonian Revolution," as Rick liked to think of it as. He was glad Maureen took him up on his advice to take Kasuf on a quick field trip to the Cyber War, an idea stemmed from the same bit of advice he gave Mireya with Craig. The war was a living nightmare he wished no sane person to ever experience firsthand...and now he had one version of Neas that was living proof of its eventual end.

He last saw Maureen going into her father's Type-X TARDIS (the only other machine on Abydos capable of bringing everyone from Earth – parallel and prime – back home). He found her in the wardrobe room, trying to find some suitable clothes for the impending revolution.

Stepping in, he caught a glimpse of her half-naked form. This version of the Gladiator was certainly as athletic as most of her predecessors, baring impressive muscle definition in her body structure that was almost as tall as her past eleventh incarnation – the African American gentleman with the hoodie, necktie, and Joan Jett-style hair.

 This version of the Gladiator was certainly as athletic as most of her predecessors, baring impressive muscle definition in her body structure that was almost as tall as her past eleventh incarnation – the African American gentleman with the hood...

Once Maureen found the only clothing out of her father's wardrobe that she liked (a colorful long coat with a patchwork design), Rick walked further into the room, clearing his throat to let her know of his arrival. She jolted slightly at the sound, turning to see him. "How long have you been standin' there?" she asked.

"Long enough to see your lovely biscuits," he flirtatiously answered.

Maureen shook her head in disgust. "You're unbelievable. Whether you're here or there in the Cyber War, you manage to be a pain in both my arses."

"Yeah...I'm so glad you brought up the Cyber War," Rick skirted (Maureen had never seen him so fidgety). "There's something that I need to know."

Maureen already figured what he had in mind and immediately said, "No."

"C'mon! Y-You've already lived it! You've seen all that's happened!"

"Rick, you know I can't divulge on details that may alter the outcome of the War."

"Don't give me that Avengers Endgame crap! I need to know how we can win this thing!"

"That's just it, Rick," Maureen uttered with a heavy sigh. "There is no winning this war...even when we do."

"Ah-ha!" Rick exclaimed. "Let the record show my client said 'when we do' and not 'if we do'!"

Maureen let out a frustrated groan. "You damn git! I'm not jokin'!"

"About what?"

Their conversation came to a sudden conclusion with the arrival of the Doctor, accompanied by General Dwonch, Colonel O'Neil, and the Brigadier.

"It's not important," Maureen told the Doctor. "What's our status?"

"Well, apparently, Colonel O'Neil has something he believes will turn the tide in this revolution of ours," the Doctor said, stepping aside afterwards to permit O'Neil to have the floor.