Part Five

Mireya was trapped!

            Craig had to get back to her TARDIS. Her only hope now was Maureen. He didn't know how she would save her, but – being the Gladiator of Gallifrey (as he heard Neas always call himself) – she always had a trick up her sleeve.

            He stumbled his way back to the big white orb that was Mireya's TARDIS and entered to find Rick at the controls. "Lemme guess," Sanchez said, without so much as looking Craig's way, "Another end deader than Jeffery Epst—"

            "They've got Mireya!" Craig shouted.

            This news broke Rick away from the TARDIS controls, giving attention to Craig. "W-What the hell happened?! You guys were in there for like two minutes!"

 "W-What the hell happened?! You guys were in there for like two minutes!"

            "You didn't hear the massive spaceship that landed?!"

            "Mireya must've soundproofed these walls. I didn't hear a damn thing, kid."

            "Well, we gotta save her. We gotta get Maureen."

            "Then we better patch in with her TARDIS and get to work."

            "But her TARDIS isn't here with her. We tried to bring it here, but..."

            "That information would've been useful before we came here, Franklin!" Albeit irate, Rick maintained enough of his composure to come up with another idea. "You said that you came here with a bunch of military guys, right?"

            "Yeah, but..."

            Rick was already back to working the controls and semi-ignoring Craig. "They have radios on 'em. Let's just pray to God, Zeus, Gozer, or whatever cosmic deity you believe in that their frequencies are reachable."

-----------------------

             What was kryptonite doing on Abydos? That was the question nagging in the back of Maureen's head as she and the team arrived at the Abydonians' settlement – a city made of stone with large walls and a single wooden gate. By its overall design, Maureen would guess it to be preventable from sandstorms.

 By its overall design, Maureen would guess it to be preventable from sandstorms