Finrod x Melanism!Human!Reader

A/n: so made little changes to the reader

A/n: so made little changes to the reader. I made her with blue eyes instead of dark 😂 But i hope you like it!!

This was a bad idea. You knew this but still, you let your best friend convince you to go to this goddamn feast. Full of beautiful and rich people, their body bathes in soft silks and shining pure pearls.

"This is a horrible idea, Ariel." You whisper quietly to your best friend, seeing her golden locks bounce as she walks.

"Nonsense! Stop saying that, Y/n! I swear that you will have fun." she said cheerfully, pulling your onyx color like hand.

You have born with a curse. Well...That's what you thought since your mother had left you to die in the streets because of your appearance. Your skin was black as the night, with long curly black hair. The only thing that wasn't dark was your eyes, they are ice blue which reminds you of a beautiful clear sky.

This is your village was considered taboo since the beauty standard was pure and pearly skin.

Ariel's parents were the ones that had found you on that cold night in the streets and took you home as one of them. You and Ariel were inseparable since the beginning, always playing together, sleeping together and eating together.

When you two were on the market, buying fruit and meat. You would hear the murmurs and giggles of the women, saying that you were the black sheep of the family. That hurt you a lot and made you go out from your house less and less, hiding from the prying eyes. But today Ariel had enough and force you to go to the Town festival, saying that you will someday grow mushrooms around you.

You were wearing a beautiful gown from Ariel. It was pure white with small pearls around your waist and neck, making your dark skin pop up. Your long hair was pulled up on a high ponytail with two braids on each side of your head, tiny pearl wrapped around the dark locks. You must say that you felt beautiful but still, you are afraid to be in public. Scared of the people's reaction.

"Relax, Y/n! You are beautiful!" Ariel said with a sweet smile, squeezing softly your hand.

You nod and let her pull into the ocean of people, seeing the town decorated with fun colors and cheerful banks full of food and drinks. Laugh and joyful chat sounded in the air, people were happily walking around the festival and children were jumping up and down, excited to see the amazing fireworks. You have heard that some elves had brought fireworks and a lot of good wine.

"Ariel! I'm glad that you have come! Come! I have someone for you to meet." Liria, Ariel's friends who you didn't like very much, said with high pitch voice.

Ariel looks back at you and you nod, a fake smile on your lips. "Go...I will be fine," you said quietly, looking around you.

"Ok...But if anything happens, yell my name!" she said while letting Liria pulling her hand, towards her group of friends.