8

Jennie

5 years later

Time passes by so quickly that you are not able to notice it. In the last five years, I bombard myself with work and had spent lesser time in my social life. Jisoo even dubbed me as a fashion heiress without any life but dresses because regardless of her efforts in setting me up with dates may it be a boy or a girl there would not be any progress. It is because of her. It will always be her.

"Well Good Morning madam!" Jisoo unnie jested as she arrived. "Well as my secretary you are late." I quirked her an eye daring her to answer and knowing that she is indeed Jisoo she did not falter. "I had errands to do besides being your beloved secretary, I am first your dearest friend." I sighed upon hearing her words knowing she had other plans of being my dearest friend.

"You don't get to sigh like that Jennie Kim. You have been evading my set up of dates in the past few months." I rolled my eyes at her antics. " Unnie, I had longed informed you that dating is not in my vocabulary anymore. This." I pointed out to everything that is surrounding us. "is what life means to me now. Making dresses, clothing, that people can use to showcase their personalities is my goal."

She shook her head at me as if not supporting any of my sentiments. "And because of such ideal that you have, you have been experiencing drought internally as it had been what, years?" I huffed at her statement. "Oh come on Deukie, you can't forever live at that guilt that you have imposed upon yourself. You have paid for it already. You changed, you made yourself better."

"And I wanted it to stay that way." I looked at her and saw sadness flashed in her eyes, I hate it when she does that. When she looks at me because of worry or out of pity. "Are you still hoping she would come back?" Her question stilled me in place. "We do not even know what had happened to her, her family and even her best friend. All of them vanished just like that" she snapped her fingers to demonstrate "into thin air."

I looked at her deeply in the eyes. I know that whatever would happen she would not back down regardless. "Okay. Fine. You win. Just one date. After this, I am gonna give in to any of this anymore." She clapped and jumped in joy with my response but then immediately stopped and looked at me dead straight in the eyes and spoke, "Promise me Deukie that on tonight's date you would be there in full determination to know that person and not merely give in to my request. Allow yourself to open up just this time. I promise you won't regret it. Afterall, RM is nothing but a good man."

"Okay. If you say so. But as I have said if there won't be any progress, this would be the last, okay?" And she nodded signifying that we have both reached an agreement. 

God this was going to be a long night. Hopefully, the guy would not be an ass for tonight.