Beautiful To Me

Rory's POV

"Wow, you look beautiful- I mean, like," I stuttered. It was hard not to compliment The Doctor when he looked like Amy.

"Oh, relax, Rory. It's fine. I get it, you're used to seeing your fiancée and telling her that," I was glad The Doctor understood. I heaved a sigh of relief, but suddenly felt rather guilty because I hadn't said anything regarding her appearance all day. What could I say, though? I had to think of something.

"I never do my hair like that," Amy laughed a little.

"Does it look bad?" The Doctor suddenly became very self-conscious.

"No, it looks fine," she laughed.

"Good," The Doctor nodded.

"So...wanna tell me all about your adventures?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood. They both blushed and looked away from me and I knew that it would be better just to change the subject again.

"Rory!" Amy exclaimed suddenly.

"What?" I looked up.

"Chest bump!" she cheered.

"What?"

"Chest bump cuz I can!" she stood up and so did I and then she ran at me and bumped chests with me. I had to laugh at her enthusiasm.

"What?" she looked up at me.

"You're beautiful," I smiled. I finally knew what to say to her.

"You think The Doctor's beautiful?" she smirked.

"No. I think you're beautiful," I repeated.

"I'm over there," she pointed to The Doctor and he waved.

"You're still not getting it," I looked into her eyes, "It's you. All I see when I look at you is my beautiful fiancée. Not The Doctor. Just Amy. Your eyes and your attitude. I can just tell and I just know it's you. Your personality shines through your appearance. And I love you," I gazed into her eyes and felt more in love with her.

"I love you too," she whispered.

"I wish I could kiss you," I hugged her.

"I know, but it wouldn't be right," she replied and then took a step back.

"Thanks for having some boundaries, Pond," The Doctor spoke up and it felt weird hearing Amy's voice. Amy smiled sadly but then turned to The Doctor.

"You sure there's no other way?" she asked.

"Once the TARDIS is done repairing itself then we can switch back," he replied.

"Okay, so a week," she nodded.

"Maybe," The Doctor shrugged.

"What?"

"It could take longer or shorter than that. But I don't reckon it will take less than a week," he explained.

"I thought it was exactly a week!" she gasped.

"Not exactly. Could be two, three," he shrugged.

"Two or three what?"

"Weeks, days, minutes, years. You never know. Maybe four," he answered. Amy sighed before walking off to our bedroom.

"Please tell me this'll all be over soon!" I muttered.

"This'll all be over soon, Rory. Don't worry," The Doctor smiled.

"Really?"

"Yes," he nodded.

"Are you lying?"

"Yes," he nodded.

"Great," I rolled my eyes and followed Amy to our bedroom, "You okay?" I asked her.

"I just wanna go back to the way things were. Even though you're right here, you just feel so far away," she sighed.

"I know. I feel the same way," I replied, "But don't worry. Everything will be okay," I rubbed her back.

"I'm tired of this. It's only been a day and I want my body back already," she said.

"Can you imagine how The Doctor feels?" I smirked, "He's living on only one heart."

"Oh, yeah. That reminds me! Listen to my heart beat!" she brightened up, pulling my head to her chest. I smiled as I listened to the double heartbeat, "I feel so alive. Ever since the swap I haven't been feeling as tired. Except for last night of course. But the whole day I haven't yawned once. And food tastes so much better and colours are so much more vibrant!" she suddenly seemed much more excited.

"See? There are plus sides to all this. And I want you to remember that through all of this I still love you and even though you see someone entirely different when you look in the mirror, you're still beautiful to me," I reassured her.

"Thank you. Besides, The Doctor isn't that bad. He's good-looking, so it's not hard to feel good about myself," she smirked, "He's not as good-looking as you, though."

I laughed. She was so sweet. I just wished this mess could be sorted out soon.