Chapter 16

Diamond

I stretched my arms out as I felt the light from the sun beaming on me. Groaning, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and grabbed my phone. It was 5 am. I wondered why I woke up so early and realized it was probably from my drunken night.

I rolled over to the other side to make sure this guy wasn’t still here from last night. I never let a nigga I fucked stay overnight, for breakfast, to cuddle, for morning sex, nothing.

That’s how they got you. I figured if it was that good, we’d cross paths again. I didn’t need to get their number.

I wasn’t one for romance. And I didn’t plan on ever being in a relationship after falling for my ex best friend.

An alert popped up from the person I had least expected to text me.

Tyerel.

What did he want?

Why was he texting me this early in the morning?

Tyerel: I want to talk to you. Come slide.

Inside I was filled with joy. But at the same time, I hadn’t talked to Tye in about a month. He cut me off before my encounter with his little girlfriend. I didn’t know what we had to talk about now.

I hated how he did me. I mean we were best friends. He couldn’t even explain that to his bitch. He just instantly took her side. I didn’t deserve that.

But at the same time. I wanted my man back. If I had to beat Paisley’s ass to get him to be mine again, then I would.

After all, I was his first.

His first.

That was special.

I was special.

Paisley wasn’t.

I made the decision that I was going to go over there today. And I was going to look damn good.

I tiptoed to the bathroom to shower. I didn’t want to wake Angel because Lord knows I didn’t want to have to turn up on her today.

My mother seemed to always want to put her hands on me when she got a little liquid courage. And let’s just say I didn’t mind doing the same to her.

I knew I shouldn’t fight my mother, but sometimes she pushed me just that far and I had to show her I wasn’t a pussy.