Chapter 20

Paisley

I was on my way home from the young girl's center in the city. I enjoyed my time there because I was able to help the girl's with their homework and even give them advice from time to time.

I began to think about a little girl I had been working with for a couple of weeks named Skylar. She was a beautiful young lady. At fourteen years old, she was dealing with a lot and my problems seemed minor compared to hers.

Skylar had a completely different background than I did. She lived in Harlem with her mother and her six, younger brothers and sisters. She had to take on the motherly role as her mom was always working or spending time with her boyfriend. He did come first in her life, even before her children.

Skylar was molested at a very young age by her estranged uncle. Her mother of course didn't believe her, but thankfully her uncle did go away and moved on with his life.This sparked her distrust in all men and definitely enabled her strong-willed personality.

Sky and her sisters came to the center seven days a week to escape their home life. It had become a safe place for them and I was happy to make an impact on the girls.

I wanted to help them in some way. I told her that she was always welcomed to call me if she needed to and I was willing to help them as much as I could.

Sky didn't know that she was helping me figure out things as much as I was helping her.

-------

When I got home, my phone began vibrating on the desk near my bed. I answered the phone and heard a deep voice say "Wassup, is this Paisley?"

That deep, sexy voice was definitely Deon. My heart was thumping so fast and loud, I'm sure he could hear it through the phone.

I wanted to squeal so loud, but I had to keep my cool. This boy couldn't know that I had been waiting and hoping that he would call.

I was thrilled that he had reached out to me because I enjoyed our conversation at the party and I wanted to see him again.

"This is she. Who's calling?"

"Deon. I talked to you the other night and I was wondering if I could take you out tonight, beautiful."

He called me beautiful. I had to put him on mute because this mental scream I was doing was not enough. I let out a huge squeal.

"Are you still there gorgeous?"

"Yes I'm here. Tonight sounds good."

"I'll be there to pick you up at about eight. Bye beautiful."

"See you then Deon."

As soon as I hung up the phone I hopped on my bed and jumped up and down.

"He likes me, he likes me, he like the P," I sang.

I started laughing uncontrollably. I told myself to snap out of it because I couldn't like this boy already and we haven't even been out yet.

I was excited for tonight and I had to call Chanel so that she could help me pick out something to wear. It was six, which meant I only had two hours to get ready. The Lord is going to have to work extra hard so that I'm ready in time.

--------

Tyerel

I'm at my mans Rodney's house playing 2k. I hadn't hung out with him since the breakup and I'm glad I finally had some time to chop it up with my bro.

"AND ONE!," I screamed.

"Man I want a rematch!"

"You wanna get ya ass whooped three times in a row boa?," I asked. I was kicking Rodney's ass at 2k today, I guess I was on a roll.