Admin Did Her Research Part 2 (Newport)

Newport: Hello... It's me. The City By The Sea. Anyways Admin looked me up...

I'm by the sea, obviously. It's nice.

I used to make oil and candles-got kinda rich off that. We also made chocolate, barrels, ships, bottles, and some other crap.

I'm the Sailboat Capital of the world. I'm never home because I stay out on the ocean for weeks... Sometimes I bring friends. It's fun.

I was a pirate for a while due to being a center of piracy. My ship still has a pirate flag. Sadly most of the pirates were later hanged so I became a civilian again.

One of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, William Ellery, was from my home.

I was at one point British. Sadly. *sighs* The British took over my home and my people fled. So I was a Tory for a while, and they had the nerve to try an use me as a naval base to attack New York. That went on for three years.

After that, America started planning the Battle Of Rhode Island. But the Americans lost, although those stupid Brits left and tried to attack New York again.

For the remainder of the war after that I was the French base in the U.S. of A. We won that war, duh.

Sadly that war pretty much destroyed me. My economy was shot and my buildings were burnt. Part of why we finally became a state.

Soon after that was my Gilded Age. People realized it was nice in my home, and started building huge, fancy summer cottages. Most of them were designed by my famous architect Richard Morris Hunt.

Jackie Kennedy had a house here for a while, which was a museum for a bit and then a house again.

Then I had a whole bunch of Irish immigrants. However, my hair is still black. My eyes are more green than blue because of that though...

For a while, Lucy and I were in competition to be capital. She won. Sadly.

My city is largely important to the US Navy. I have a naval war college and a naval war command center in my house, and I can actually fight a pretty good sea battle if needed.

I race boats when I can. And I held the first US open, and Tiger Woods was there. I also have a baseball team: The Newport Gulls.

I have a crap-ton of sister cities. Even more than Providence. Shimoda, Japan, Kinsale, Ireland, Ponta Delgada, Portugal, Imperia, Italy, Skiathos, Greece, Saint John, Canada, and New Brunswick (also Canada.) Take that Lucy.

So all in all, that's what Admin found on me. Cool, huh?