Chapter 9

"My little Logan."

Thomas freezes and looks at the woman carefully.

Could it be...?

"You don't happen to remember the orphanage you left him at, do you?"

"I do, but I heard the orphanage owner has become a therapist after all the kids found homes. " The woman frowns.

That was all the information Thomas needed.

"Ma'am..." The mage offers the other a small smile, "My name is Thomas Sanders, and I believe I know who and where your son is."

Hope fills the eyes of the forlorn mother.

"I'm Elizabeth Frost... And, do you really know my son? C-can I see him?"

This was risky.

Thomas knew something would go wrong.

But the fear building up within him is getting far too strong to ignore.

So he takes a chance.

"We have to go save him first." He says while holding out his hand.

"Do you trust me?"

The woman, Elizabeth, takes Thomas' hand without hesitation, "Yes."

In a quick flash, the two were gone.
______

"Patton, I need you to stay with Mr. Starr, alright?" Logan whispers to his childhood friend.

"What? Logan, what are you going to do?" Worry etches the face of the nineteen year old.

"I'm going to save our friend."

Patton goes to stop him, but is too late since Logan is already running towards Roman and Fumus.

"Let go of him!"

An intrigued smirk stretches across the spirit's face.

"Ah, you must be the orphaned child of the widowed Frost, correct?"

Logan only glares back, his past never being something he dwelled on.

"Oh, apologies. You were merely an infant when I killed your father."

A low chuckle escapes the spirit's throat.

"Leaving poor Elizabeth no choice but to leave you at the doorstep of a small orphanage."

"How do you know that?!" The twenty-one year old demands, the knowledge of his father's death somehow hurting him for some reason.

"Why, I know all. Just like I know this one's Papa is coming to his rescue," He gestures to Roman, "With the accompaniment of your very own mother dear." He returns his gaze to Logan.

At the mention of his Papa, Roman panics even more, "You're wrong!"

"Oh, am I?"

"ROMAN!"

To the young mage's horror, his Papa does appear, along with a woman who he guesses is his friend's actual mother.

"Papa! Why–?!"

"FUMUS! YOU LET GO OF MY SON RIGHT THIS INSTANT OR I SWEAR TO ALL THINGS HOLY THAT I WILL PERSONALLY END YOU MYSELF!"

Patton and Logan had never seen Roman's Papa this furious.

That also includes Roman himself, who makes a mental note to NEVER get on his Papa's bad side.