Chapter 10

Sweat begins to trickle down Thomas' forehead as he continues to use his magic against Fumus.

"Roman, my little prince..." The older mage pretty much begs as he takes a quick glance towards his son, "You and the others need to get out of here."

"No! I can't just leave and lose my only Papa!" Roman protests.

"Well I am not about to lose another child, either!" Thomas shouts back, immediately regretting it when he realizes his mistake.

"What do you mean 'lose another child'?" Roman stares at his Papa, visibly confused.

The dark spirit takes that as his opportunity to turn into smoke and re-form right beside the two, smirking at the guilty look that can be found on the older mage's face.

"Aww, your Papa never told you?"

"Tell me what?" Roman stares at Fumus with furrowed brows.

All Thomas could do was glare at the dark spirit as he began to open up a wound that had left him broken all those years ago.

"You have a BROTHER, little mage. A twin, in fact."

"WHAT?!"

The younger mage stares at his Papa in bewilderment, "Please, tell me he's joking!"

Thomas sadly shakes his head in response, willing himself not to cry.

Roman, however, was furious.

"I have a brother... And YOU NEVER TOLD ME?!"

"Had, Roman..." Thomas clarifies, facing his son with tears beginning to pool in his eyes, "You HAD a brother. But I lost him when Fumus tried to suck out my life force twenty years ago..."

The young mage instantly averts his anger towards the smoke creature.

"IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU, I WOULD HAVE HAD A BROTHER!"

"You still do."

That reply caught both the father and son off-guard.

With a wave of his hand, a small necklace lands on the palm of the dark spirit.

"If you want him, you can have him." Fumus grins sinisterly as he holds out the necklace to Roman.

" Fumus grins sinisterly as he holds out the necklace to Roman

Thomas audibly gasps when he recognizes the stone.

It's a soul stone!

"Why are you giving this to me?" Roman asks suspiciously.

"A life... For a life."

Thomas screams.
------

Logan's breathing becomes rapid as he's hit with all sorts of feelings and emotions from the flashback.