13

Wrong Country Love

"Mar! Wake up! The results are out." Cat says while jumping on my bed excitedly.

"And this couldn't wait till my alarm woke me up why?"I ask with my head still safely tucked in my pillow.

"Because the girls also want to see how we did, you're the only one still asleep. This is something we should do together!" she whines while simultaneously moving my bed.

"Fine. Give me an hour."

~¤~

Walking into Red Records Karen gave us a smile while pulling out a paper. 

"Yesterday's results. It's one list per band so don't lose it. The judging are going off of a point system but we just put the order in which you stand as of now. So you could either rise in ranks really quick or drop, just as quick. Good luck." She says before going back to her desk work.

Rank List:

1. Broken Like Glass

2. 5 SOS

3. Contigo Cantamos

4. Pizzas Deliver

5. Dumpster Fire

6. Riding Horses

7. Thunder and Winds

8. On the Rise

9. Fire Blaze

1̶0̶.̶ ̶R̶o̶u̶l̶e̶t̶t̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶d̶n̶e̶s̶s̶

"Excuse me, why is the band in last place crossed off?" Bev asks Karen.

"They were eliminated, they were in last place and therefore eliminated."  she replies without moving her eyes from her computer work.

"Well, guys that suck... but were in first fucking place!" Jax yells excitedly as she receives a 'look' from Karen that seemed to say 'to take it outside.'

Smiling, we all immediately hug each other with excitement bubbling each of of. We only broke apart when Karen coughed in annoyance. 

"Let's get some celebratory drinks at the bar!" Jax says while skipping towards the door.

"You girls go ahead, I want to get in some practice." I say while walking to the practice rooms.

Back at the piano, I replay the recording I had on my phone.

"There's just something about

the way

he moves

He's smiling at me

no doubt

in my bones." I listened before humming along the harmony.

"The way he looks at me

with one glance

and I'm gone

There's just something about

the way

he knows" I start to sing with the recording with the harmony.

"He's in my mind

permanently

He's given me something

I need

You see without him

My dreams are out of reach