17

I Wonder What It Is About You

I was sitting in the practice room and reached for my acoustic. I hadn't played with it much lately and I didnt want to lose any of the skills I had with it.

Strumming along to my humming flashbacks of last night kept flashing through my head. At some point Calum and Jax even exchanged phone numbers. Luke started to respect my boundaries and didn't push me further about going on a date. On the elevator back to our rooms Calum and Jax were not there with the rest of us. Everyone joked about what they could be possibly doing but I couldn't laugh with them. I couldn't stop myself from overthinking every possible scenario that they could've been doing instead of being on that elevator with the rest of us. The worst scenario I could think of was them at the bar having one of those great long night chats. Jax sitting in my usual seat and Calum in his. Drinking with their fake ID's and having a genuinely great time together.

Jax replacing me and eventually becoming something more. I thought as a hit a sour chord. Am I jealous?

Shaking off the thought I scoff to myself before playing with the chords again.

I'm probably just tired,  woke up unusually early on my own. I was really tired and groggy because I slept late last night when I was overthinking. Overthinking for Jax's sake right? She's one of my best friends and I could never like the guy she likes. Impossible, that would mean breaking girl code and I would never do anything to intentionally hurt Jax.

Looking up from my guitar I caught Jay just outside the practice door, he smiles before walking inside.

"What are you doing here so early?" He asks with his overly obnoxious smirk.

"Just getting in some personal practice, what's your excuse?" I ask back not really caring for his answer.

"I just dropped off the results." He says as my eyes go wide.

"And?!" I almost yell, which must have shocked him because he drops a paper I didn't know he was holding and  pick it up.

It read:

Rant List

1. Broken Like Glass

2. 5SOS

3. Contigo Cantamos

4. Pizzas Deliver

5. Dumpster Fire

6. On the Rise

7. Thunder and Winds

8. Riding Horses

̶9̶.̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶z̶e̶

"No way." I say realizing we were still in first place.

"Yes way and you guys definitely deserve that spot."

"I can't believe we're beating 5 Seconds of Summer, they're amazing!" I say out loud but I really hoped it would have just been my inner voice. 

"They're definitely a close second, so I wouldn't get too cocky if I were you." he says while taking a step closer to me, "Now about that date we discussed earlier..."

A knock on the door made me take a quick step back but made him only look annoyingly at that intruder.

It was Liv! Olivia Stronghold! The bassist for For The Hundred, the most amazing talented female bassist on Earth!