05

Handsome stranger

"Girls! Amazing show tonight! Mar, I knew you could sing but those vocals from Demi's song! Let's say I got chills, you should sing solo more often." Jay commends from the doorway of our greenroom.

I know I can sing, but personally I don't like hogging the stage. Which is why when I write songs I try to give solos all of the girls or at least a something so we all get to sing. What happened tonight was a first and last. I'm very glad that I was able to do something new for the first and last time here at the House of Brews before we left for the big leagues. I hope to come back one day, to this place that has given my girls I our first chance, and repay them somehow.

"I felt that our last song was pretty strong." I say trying to take all the attention from my spur of the moment decision.

"Whatevers Mar, just take a compliment." He says while meeting my glance with a certain look that I can't quite decipher, that I didn't want to decipher in all honesty, "Anyways, ladies I want to give you all something."

"More like give Mar something." Jax mumbles under her breath as I elbow her harshly as the other girls chuckle lightly under their breaths.

Jay smiles but pulls out a folded paper from his back pocket.

"Well this sheet of paper in my hands is the set list. Also known as the list of all the bands that will be participating in the Battle of the Bands, it is the official list. We don't give this list to the bands and they don't know it exists, for obvious reasons." He says while unfolding the sheet of paper, but stopped after seeing Jaxs confused look about not giving the other bands setlists of bands,"All of these bands have YouTube accounts, and what would stop any one of them from checking out the competition. These competitions are made to be fair, so no other band has seen the set list. However, I'll be willing to pass it on, if I could have one night out with Mar when we are LA."

"Agreed" all the girls say in unison with no time for me to catch my breath, let alone process what he just said, and I just stare at Jay blankly.

"Wait, don't I have a say in this!" I say as soon as reality set in.

"Here you go, I look forward to our date in LA Mar." Jay chuckles out as he handed the paper to Jax while spending me a wink before he walked out.

"B-but, what if I don't want to go out with Jay!" I yell at the girls.

"And you wouldn't want that... Why?" Bev asks as she pulled out her phone to text Mikey.

"Maybe because I just got out of a relationship and I don't really want to date anyone. Including Jay the playboy that everyone knows just messes around. Guys, I just want a break from guys." I explain while taking the set list from Jax, "Fine. Fine. You can do that...after we check out the competition."

~¤~

"Look at the name of the first band! 5 Seconds of Summer, does that even make sense?" Jax chortles out as she typed it into my laptop.

We were currently in my room and we were starting to look up the bands.

"Bev are you okay?" Cat asks snapping my attention away from Jaxs antics.

"Yea, I-I just n-need some w-water." She stutters as she dashes towards the door.

"That was different..." I state as I refocus my attention on Jax.

"I'm searching them up you guys! I couldn't find a 5 Seconds of Summer YouTube channel, but there's a hemmo1996 channel with 5 Seconds of Summer videos. I'm clicking on it, and we'll see... Whoa. These guys are hot!" Jax yells out, "I'm getting popcorn because this looks like it's going to be good."