Prologue

"Kim Namjoon! Kim Seokjin! Min Yoongi! Jung Hoseok! Park Jimin! Kim Taehyung! Jeon Jungkook! BTS!"

The crowd roared, the 7 boys running onto the stage and immediately setting the intensity level to the max. Hoseok could never get tired of this feeling. The feeling of the adrenaline coursing throughout his veins as he danced his heart away in front of the thousands of fans in the arena.

Oh, how he loved it.

On and on he went, not letting exhaustion overpower him, the adrenaline keeping him upbeat, keeping the bright sunshine smile on his face as he lived his dream. He loved it.

And 2 hours later when he was dripping with sweat, limbs shaking with exhaustion, he made his way to the centre of the stage, smiling brightly as he gazed wondrously at the ocean of ARMY Bombs that flooded the arena. "ARMY!" he cheered.

But he got nothing. Nothing compared to what their maknae got. He remembered when Jungkook cheered the same thing, the entire arena screaming with excitement and support but for Hoseok? He barely got half. Instead of the intense energy that filled the place when Jungkook screamed it, the arena was almost dead. He was supposed to be the sunshine of the group, he was J-Hope, the one who was supposed to spread positive energy wherever he went. But that's not what he was doing.

He buried the pain, he buried the jealousy and acted as nothing happened, he acted like he wasn't the least popular member. He bit his lip as he stared at the purple army bombs fading. He thought back to the hours he spent awake at night, practising his speech to express his love and gratitude towards his fans.

Hoseok bit back a scoff. "What fans?" he thought to himself. "It's not like they wanna listen to a word I have to say anyway," he spoke silently before passing the mic to Jungkook, the bright smile never once faltering on his heart-shaped lips.

He noticed the look of concern Jungkook sent over to him and patted his back. "Go on Kook. Shine like the star you are," he whispered in his ear as the maknae refilled the arena with the energy Hoseok felt he had drained.

But even outside of a concert, when the other 6 members were sleeping soundly, Hoseok would lay in his bed wide awake, reading through the messages of their sacred fans.

@MiniMiniYG: LMAOOO jhoe thinks he's a better dancer than jimin! PFFT!
@Seokkjinniiee: anyone else noticed jhope's gotten fatter?
@PresJoon94: NAMJOON AND YOONGI ARE THE BEST RAPPERS! RAP LINE WITHOUT HOSEOK IS WHAT WE WANT!!
@kookiebbybun: @PresJoon94 true XD no offence but hoseok is kinda the weak link out of the whole band
@MiniMiniYG: @kookiebbybun true, haven't you seen how ugly his smile is??? and his nose lmao it's so uglyyy

Hoseok stopped reading the thread of hate comments to him unwillingly as his phone switched off, dead.
He laughed silently to himself. He found it comedic how he at one point thought he was as good looking as their visual Seokjin. But no, he was the weak link of the group. Worst visuals, worst rap, worst vocals, worst dance.

He let his mind trail off, no longer having any source of distraction from his terrorising mind.

Maybe he should leave-?
No.
He remembered how much Jungkook cried last time he tried that.
He'd wait for the band to kick him out.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-

It was like that almost daily.

He would tell ARMY how much he loves them, and embrace the hate and neglect thrown at him as he watched the other members bask in the love and praise directed at them.

He was hurting. He was hurting so much but no matter what, that sunshine smile never faltered.

But when he saw one of the other members struggling? That was a different story.

"ɪᴛ's ᴏᴋᴀʏ ᴊɪɴ ʜʏᴜɴɢ! ᴀs ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ!"
"ʜᴇʀᴇ,  ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ-ᴀʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴏᴏᴅ!"
"ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍɪɴᴅ sᴛᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴏɴɢɪ ʜʏᴜɴɢ, ᴀs ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ sʟᴇᴇᴘ!"
"ᴀʜ,  ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ,  ᴊɪᴍɪɴ-ᴀʜ! ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄɪᴢɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜ! ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇʀ!"
"ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛʀᴇss ᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ-ᴀʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴜs!. ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀʟɪᴇɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴍᴇ"
"ɴᴀᴍᴊᴏᴏɴ, ɢᴏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. ʟᴇᴛ ʜʏᴜɴɢ ᴛɪᴅʏ ᴜᴘ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍɪɴᴅ!"