VII

Yoongi glared at the five other members in the room, each standing with a different expression on their face.

Jeongguk stood, reconsidering everything that he had thought about his Hyung, debating whether or not the media had the wrong side of the story.

Taehyung was intimidated by the ice-cold gaze on Yoongi's face. It was not a look to take so lightly.

Jimin was furious. Disgraced. How could Yoongi accept Hoseok for being a disgusting drug addict? He was disgusted. Had Hoseok been doing drugs in their very own bedroom as well?

Namjoon was grave. He was thinking things through logically, like a good admirable leader. Yet, not correctly. He was questioning how he was supposed to maintain Bangtan's reputation after such a slip-up? Was this the end of their careers? What was to happen to BTS now?

Seokjin. Well, Seokjin was emotionless. Someone who he had taught, learned from, admired, respected had turned out to be... some reckless partying drug addict. How was he supposed to feel? Said person had just left their house in a heap of tears. Was it really true?

Yoongi scoffed. "He didn't do it. I was with him that night. Hoseok is not the type of person to do something like this."

His voice was clear and certain, leaving the members no room for debate. All except for Jimin.

"He could've snuck out! You don't know!" Jimin yelled. Yoongi raised a judging eyebrow. Jimin didn't back down. "You don't know what he does when we're not looking! He wanted this! He wanted to ruin everything, ever since I got with Taehyung and Jeongguk, he's been a petty little bitch."

Yoongi wanted to punch him. There was an undying amount of anger bubbling up inside it and Jimin's chubby little face looked all too tempting.

Jimin snickered as he made his way over to the clearly struggling older. "What's the matter, Hyung? You mad because you can't prove your pathetic little boyfriend innocent?"

That was it. Yoongi's hand collided with Jimin's face, the forceful impact sending the other to the floor, blood dripping like a waterfall from his nose.

Jeongguk and Taehyung instantly rushed to Jimin's aid, both staring at Yoongi with their jaws agape. Jimin held his nose, holding onto Jeongguk tightly. "Y-you.. hit me.." he gasped.

Yoongi looked down on him with no regret. "If anyone talks shit about my Hobi again, so help me God, I won't be as nice. Get him cleaned up. I'm gonna go look for him."

That was all Yoongi said before he left the dorms, leaving the other five in blatant shock.

~~~

Hoseok curled up against himself, shivering madly as he tried to maintain the little warmth he had. It had stopped raining by now, thankfully, but he was soaking and the wind was merciless.

"Hobi!" He heard, whimpering as he buried his face in his knees as though that would make him invisible. "Hoseok! Sunshine, where are you?!"

Hoseok's head shot up at the nickname. "Hyung!" He called out, scrambling to his feet.

Yoongi's heart dropped at the sight of Hoseok in front of him. Hoseok stood there, drenched clothes hanging off him, nose blood-red from the cold, shivering relentlessly.

"Holy shit, Seok..." Yoongi stammered, ripping his hoodie from his body without hesitation before putting it on the younger man.

"H-Hyungie, I'm- I'm sorry," Hoseok forced out, curling into the warmth of the elder's chest.
"Shh, I know, sunshine. It's okay. Hyung's gonna deal with this. Hyung's gonna make sure everything's okay. Hyung's here..." he went on and on with endless words of comfort, slowly guiding Hoseok out of the isolated area.

Once they returned to civilization, Hoseok's breathing was finally calm, but Yoongi made sure to keep the boy's head hidden in his shoulder. Yoongi, having left the dorms without a hat or face mask, had easily drawn attention to the pair.

It didn't take a genius to work out that the man Yoongi was hiding was indeed the current talk of the town, Jung Hoseok.

Women and men alike began to gather around the pair who were desperately trying to find an escape. Yoongi felt his heart rate quicken and his palms begin to sweat. He never did cope well within a crowd like this, albeit the numerous times he'd performed in front of a crowd. But no. This was not about him. His only priority at that moment was Hoseok.

"Yoongi Oppa!" one girl, around her early twenties, called out, bottom lip sticking out in a pout. "Oppa, follow me! I can get you out of here!" she basically pleaded, stepping just a little too close. Yoongi let out a nervous chuckle as he stepped back, only for his back to collide into a strong, buff chest.

Slowly, Yoongi turned to face the taller man who looked down on him like scum. "Shit..." he muttered, fingers coursing through the terrified man's hair. "Look, man. I don't know who you are, but I really want no trouble. We just wanna-"

The man cut Yoongi off by spitting in his face."Stay the fuck away from my girlfriend," the man cursed. Yoongi shot a look of disgust at the man, almost ready to fight back before he felt a soft hand take ahold of his own. "H-home, Hyung. Please... please don't fight... j-just wanna go home," Hoseok pleaded, voice soft.

Yoongi sent the man another glare before turning away, lifting Hoseok into his arms before running out of the crowd as fast as his legs could carry him.

That, however, did not stop the malicious crowd from following the pair, screaming and screeching questions as though their lives depended on it.

Yoongi felt like he had been running for hours before he finally turned a corner, placing Hoseok down before collapsing to the floor in a tired, sweaty heap.

"A-are you..." he began, catching his breath. "Are you okay, sunshine?"

Hoseok nodded softly, kneeling down next to the older before pulling him into a tight embrace. "Thank you, Hyung... thank you so much," he whispered softly.

Yoongi looked up at him before pulling him into his arms. "I'm tired as fuck,"
Hoseok let out a soft chuckle, kissing the older man's forehead. "As always, hm?" he joked, receiving a light slap on the chest.

He laughed softly and buried his head in Yoongi's chest, enjoying the soothing sensation of listening to Yoongi's heartbeat. He took his time to think about how safe Yoongi made him feel, how at home he felt in his arms. He felt like things would be okay, despite his entire world crumbling around him. He trusted Yoongi and he could only pray that Yoongi stayed by him.

At this point, it was them against the world, and for once... Hoseok no longer felt alone.