6. Taking Advantage.

Femi above...

Ama POV.

I stood in front of Femi's apartment complex contemplating on if I should go back to the office and damn the consequences or just go in and see what happens.

I had called my boss and told him that Femi wasn't available and he said I should come to his house. My boss literally told me to do what he wants. I couldn't believe that man. But the fear of losing my job is the beginning of not being broke so here I am.

I sighed and walked into the building. I was told that he lived in the penthouse of the extremely large apartment building in Chevron estate. One of the most expensive places to live in.

I was met with a beautiful lobby that was quite empty save for the male receptionist standing behind a counter. I walked up to him, my worn out heels clicking as I went which seemed to call his attention as he raised his head to me.

"Good afternoon, I'm here to see Mr Femi Akinjola. He stays in the penthouse." I said and the man smiled and told me to hold on, bringing a phone to his ear.

"Your name ma'am?" He asked while dialling a number.

"Amarachi" I said and he nodded. He began talking into the phone for some seconds before he dropped the phone, turning his attention back to me.

"You can go up now. Use the penthouse elevator over there.." he said pointing at a lone elevator on the side of the large lobby "and the passcode is 311089. Please don't forget" he instructed and I thanked him. A few seconds later I was in the elevator.

When the elevator doors opened, I stepped into the house. It was fine apartment. The walls were painted peach, curtains were the colour of red wine and all the furnitures were Maroon or black and it seemed to be his favorite color. His house spoke elegance and I was in love with it.

In the midst of taking in the beautifully decorated penthouse, I heard some shuffling and turned to see what it was and I immediately regretted it.

Femi was butt naked.

It was like the breath was knocked out of my lungs as I stared at his dripping wet naked body. It was obvious that he just had a bath but him standing butt naked in his living room was the last thing I expected to see. And for some reason I was turned on.

He was huge.

"Like what you see" Femi smiled spreading his arms like Iron man and in that moment, the spell was broken.

I hastily put my palm over my eyes and turned my back to him "Oh my God Femi what the fuck are you doing" I screamed in horror. This was something I should have done the second I saw him but I didn't for some reason best known to Jesus.

He chuckled "Oh come off it babe, you just looked at me like you wanted to eat me for lunch so don't give me that" he retorted and in a way, he was right. But I couldn't let him know that.

"Femi put some fucking clothes on" I yelled, my back still turned to him. I overlooked the fact that he called me babe because the situation was too critical and I had more important things to handle.

"You can look now." His deep sultry voice rang out and I immediately turned to see that he had only worn boxer briefs and his big toned chest was still visible. I gulped. Forget it, this man was a gorgeous cup of sweet hot chocolate.

"Well if you're done checking me out you can tell me why you've been looking for me." He said. For some reason even his voice was seductive and I tried to fight back the heat building in my stomach. I exhaled a breath I didn't know that I was holding.

"I um.. am here because um..."

"Where are my manners. Please come have a seat." He interrupted and I obliged, going to sit in one of his arm chairs.

"Excuse me I'll be back in a minute, meanwhile you can watch some tv." He said walking out of the living room and going into a hallway just near the elevator.

I sat there, going over the events of the last few minutes and I felt nothing but embarrassment. First I saw him naked, then I didn't even look away immediately and then he caught me checking him out. What was wrong with me? I wanted to slap myself.

A few minutes later, Femi strutted out wearing beach shorts and a tight fitted t-shirt that showed all his muscles. I knew he was playing mind games with me again but I had already resolved not to give in even with how deliciously breathtaking he was.

"So you were saying something?" He said, flipping tv channels and not paying attention to me.

"I was saying that I came because I want to for the way I treated and spoke to you yesterday. It was disrespectful and I'm truly sorry." I recited my well constructed apology and tried to put as much emotion into it as possible, but the man wasn't even listening. He looked so engrossed in watching Scott Disick's show.

I felt annoyance but I reeled it in and fought the urge to snap at him and just smiled. I needed to get out of here as fast as possible and get back to work or go home.

"Femi.."

"Hm?" He answered still not acknowledging me.

"We're you listening to me?"

He raised his eyebrows "Yeah yeah yeah" he rapidly said, his eyes still on the television "something about disrespect and being sorry. Look just give me some time, this is my favorite show." He said not even glancing at me once.

I was livid. Who did he think he was?

I still smiled and relaxed and waited an hour for him to finish the show. What I didn't know was that E! Entertainment being the devils that they were, gave the show two slots and after I thought the show had ended, another episode of Flip It Like Disick began to play again.

We sat in silence and didn't acknowledge me until there was a commercial break. "So you were saying?" He said, finally turning to me.

"I was saying that I came to apologise for my behaviour yesterday. It was disrespectful and totally out of line and I'm truly sorry." I said, trying to look as sincere as possible. I was waiting desperately to hear 'It's fine. You can go now' but instead i got

"And just how remorseful are you? Huh?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked frowning at him.

"I know your boss made you look for me Amara I'm not a fucking idiot. You're not forgiven and I'll make sure your boss knows that too." He said casually and relaxed once again, turning his attention back to Flip it like Disick.

At that point, I snapped like a rubber band.

I stood abruptly and walked to the coffee table where the remote sat. I took the remote and turned off the tv.

As I turned around, I was met with a furious looking Femi. I didn't care though, he wasn't going to do anything.

"Femi, I don't think you understand the situation here. If you don't forgive me I could lose my job." I explained. My voice held so many emotions, anger, pain, distress, rage and resentment. I just wanted to stop seeing his face.

"So because of that you decided to turn off my fucking show?"

"How is that of any importance right now???" I yelled.

He shook his head and stood up "I would really appreciate if you stop yelling. I hate that. And..." he sighed "don't blame me for this Amara this is all your fault"

"What?"

"I extended an olive branch and you didn't take it. I came in peace. What? You think I randomly ask girls for their numbers?" He said and I suddenly chuckled.

Was he trying to be funny?

"Wait you're telling me that you don't ask girls for their numbers."

"No I don't. I don't go to them, they come to me. look, I hate too much talk. If you want my forgiveness, you'd have to prove it, case closed." He finished and sat back down.

I contemplated this. The faster I could prove my nonexistent remorse, the faster I could go home.

"So, what do you want me to do??"