12. Sparks

Femi POV

She was perfect.

As we watched the musical, I could see the awe on her face as she gave it her undivided attention. I on the other hand, gave her mine. I couldn't look away. If someone asked me what was happening in the play, I would have no idea. I only wanted to take on her awesomeness and that was everything. I had been holding her hand all through the time in the theatre and it felt good that she didn't make a move to get out of my hold.

Her red lips looked so lush and inviting that I had to restrain myself from kissing her here and now. The feeling was maddening. I didn't know what she did but it was like she latched onto my soul, making me crave her so badly.

Ever since I met Ama, I never thought of any other person, not once. My friends and I had gone out a few times but I couldn't stop looking at AMA's pictures. Every other girl repulsed me to no end. My friends were starting to think something is up but I didn't care. What I cared about though was what she was doing to me. I hadn't ever experienced such need for someone, not even with my ex.

I was certain though, that I was going to see this through to the end. Wherever that is.

We sat at a table together in the diner that TerraKulture, eating in silence. She had gone on and on about how she enjoyed the play. Telling me every single detail. I just smiled and nodded not understanding a word she said. Little did she know that I was watching her the whole time. She only stopped when the food came. She seemed comfortable in the silence but I was getting antsy.

"So, Ama.." I began and she looked up at me from her food, "You said both your parents are from Imo?"

"Yeah" she answered, placing her fist under her jaw and her elbow on the table. Her chestnut brown eyes staring at me intently.

"When we first met you said that you're half Lebanese" I reminded her.

"Oh, yeah, about that.. I should've said quarter Lebanese if that makes any sense. My paternal grandmother is the one who is Lebanese." She answered eloquently.

I nodded in response and continued eating my steak.

"So, million dollar question.." I looked up to see her smirking mischievously.

"How did you become the most popular player in the country?" She asked and I laughed nervously. I was trying to keep it cool as always but I was a nervous wreck inside. I knew this question would come up sooner or later to I might as well answer it.

I dropped my fork and looked at her "Wait first, what makes you think I'm the most popular player, or whatever it is that you said" I said smiling.

She side eyed me "Are you trying to deny?"

"No. Just answer" I told her.

She sighed "Well first of all you've trended multiple times on Twitter where they drag you like generator. You've broken the hearts of famous people by mostly cheating and chronic flirting. Let's not even start with your weekly appearances on Instablog. The term Yoruba Demon was literally invented by you"

As she explained, my heart sank with each word. I was so furious at myself for all she had seen about me. I didn't think she could ever trust me if she had this kind of mindset about me. I wished she didn't know anything about me prior to this moment. But the only thing I could do now was to tell her my story. A story that I hid in the deepest chambers of my mind was finally going to be let out.

"It's a long story." I said.

"If it can justify all you've done then I want to hear it" she said, focusing all her attention on me.