15. Weeknights

Kola Above

Femi POV

I felt like killing Kola.

I was just about to ask Ama for a second date and the idiot interrupted our discussion. I really didn't understand his problem with me talking to Ama. As he stood in front of me, I wanted to punch his head in.

"Kola, why did you do-"

"Five thousand dollar diamonds for a girl you just want to sleep with?. I'm not a child man. I know what's really going on." Kola frowned and folded his arms.

I looked around, a lot of people were bustling about the place, I really didn't want to put my business in public "Kola, not now and not here."

"You really wanna go down that road again? Huh man? Femi you're just going to get hurt again. Is that what you want?" Kola whispered with annoyance and disappointment evident in his voice.

I shook my head. I didn't want to think of that possibility. "That's not gonna happen" I said and walked into the just opened elevator.

"And how are you sure? I thought you learnt your lessons man." Kola complained. Walking in with me.

Fear suddenly started creeping into my bones with his words. The last thing I wanted was to be screwed over again by some girl. Though this wasn't just any girl, it was Ama. She didn't strike me as someone who would break my heart. She was rigid but sweet, very grounded and non materialistic. She was perfect for me.

"It's not going to happen Kola. Besides this isn't even supposed to concern you. If she hurts me, na me e go pain." I said. Kola laughed.

"Bro, wait first. If you so like this babe then why did you sleep with that girl at the club." Kola asked. He was too inquisitive and sometimes tried to be controlling.

The truth was that I never really could go through with it. I wanted to sleep with someone else to get Ama out of my head. My want for her was driving me insane. I wanted to blow off some steam but I couldn't. While Linda gave me a blow job all I could think about was Ama's lips around me and then I stopped her and sent her out. My mind body and soul only wanted Ama.

My silence must have meant something else to Kola. "That's what I thought. Listen man. You're too deep into this lifestyle. You can't hold a serious relationship anymore so just fuck her and be done with it." Kola said and got out of the elevator once the door opened. I stepped out as well in a daze. Kola knew nothing and I was intent on keeping it that way.

I have never wanted anything so badly all my life like I wanted Ama and I was determined to make her mine. Not even Kola's words could stop me.

I got into my black Mercedes Benz 4matic and let out a deep sigh. My mind was clouded with so many thoughts but I just wanted to see Ama again. She was my peace of mind.

I drove out and once I got to my office grounds, I picked up my phone and called her.

"You just left Femi."

"Yeah but I miss you already"

"Ha, really now?"

I sighed in distress "Yeah, wish I could have you around all the time" I said with a low voice.

"You don't sound good. Are you okay?" She said with concern in her voice.

"I'm okay I just.. want to see you" I said. My heart was already thumping in my chest. I was nervous about what she was about to say.

"You know I'm working Femi. I can't leave it to spend time with you."

"Okay then afterwards. I could buy takeout and pick you up then we go to my place. Cool?" I said in desperation, saying a silent prayer that she wouldn't turn me down.