17. Intervention?

Femi POV

Ama looked shocked as I blurted out my desires to her. These weeks without her had been the worst. I could barely eat or sleep. I always dreamt of her. I felt empty knowing that she wasn't with me.

After what felt like forever and my heart almost jumping out of my chest, she finally spoke. "I don't know if I can trust you. You have a reputation Femi.."

"I know, I know.. and I know that you won't be  able to have confidence in me just yet, but I already told you that being a player isn't my end game and I'm tired already. I'm really going to be faithful to you and only you." As I spoke, I felt something in me that I've never felt for anyone before, not even Ife my useless ex. I knew that I was head over heels in love with Ama.

Ama bent her head, her breathing shallow. I knew she was overwhelmed and I had to give her some space but I wouldn't stop trying to win her over.

"I'll give you time to think" I said standing up. Her head freaked up and she looked at me with perplexity in her brown eyes. God, how I wanted her to be mine. I was ready to give everything to her. Everything.

I held out my hand which she took and stood up as well. Without missing a beat, I pulled her small frame into my arms and hugged her. She gasped in surprise but soon relaxed in my embrace. I wove my fingers into her long curly hair which was styled elegantly to the side. Everything about her was gorgeous and I just wanted to bask in her love and never let go. She smelt like lavender and roses combined and I couldn't get enough.

"I love you" I whispered in her ear and she froze. She slowly pulled away looking at me with wide eyes. I still secured my arms around her waist, she wasn't going to leave that easily.

"Femi-"

"Shhh" I stopped her, she bit her lips making me want to kiss her "Ama, stop that" I said abruptly.

"Stop what" she said frowning. I grinned, she was so cute.

"You look really cute when you frown." I said and she hit my chest playfully.

"Quit being sarcastic" she whined.

I laughed as she grumbled like a five year old "I'm not babe" I said smirking. She glared at me making me bark out a laugh.

"What did you say I should stop?" She asked again cutting my laughter short.

"Oh that" I smiled, "you were biting your lips"

She raised her eyebrows "So?"

I was in awe of how beautiful she was "okay, do it again"

She hesitantly bit her lips again. I bent and planted a soft and gentle kiss on her lips. She immediately pulled away and frowned at me. I chuckled. "Anytime you do that, expect a kiss from me, so be careful" I smirked.

Just then, the door to her office burst open and before whoever it was came in, she had already bolted out of my arms. I found it adorable nonetheless and almost smiled. Shawn, Ama's boss walked through the doors.

Ama stood in an awkward manner, scratching the back of her head as her boss walked in. I wanted to laugh.

"Ah ah, Femi. You didn't tell me you were coming." Shawn said taking my hand in a shake.

I shrugged in response "I just came to see you about the factories. There are some things I wanted to discuss with you about the Engineering aspect." I lied, I was a pro at it but so was Shawn. I just hoped he wouldn't see through my lie and Ama's constant fidgeting.

"Hmm.." he trailed off, glancing rather suspiciously at Ama before bringing his gaze back to me "Well okay, Ama why didn't you tell him to sit down?."