Part 3: Intoxicating

Note: this emoji (👄) is around the parts that are either specifically tododeku or kinda smutty. Have fun reading, bnha bitches 💕

::💕😉👫🏻

After school that Friday, I had no intention of interacting with anyone. I just wasn't feeling motivated to talk after a day of doing it with teachers, students and staff. However, Kaminari seemed to have a different plan for me.

"Hey, Midoriya! Wait up!" He ran after me. He was gaining on me. I didn't run away, but I didn't walk toward him, either. I just kept my usual pace, listening to the song "Hug all your friends" by Cavetown, praying that he would give in, but he did no such thing. I was content, for the time being. I had a lot of homework and no room for social time right at that moment, and frankly, I didn't want to.

I hadn't been feeling like myself, especially when I lacked Todoroki's presence, and after that study session, and whatever had gone down yesterday night, I was well aware that friendship wasn't the reason he'd been making me feel that way. Non the less, the dismal feelings persevered through my hangouts with Todoroki, some of which had started lasting several hours. About a week ago, before anything happened with him, I stopped feeling as happy when I was around my friends. I tried to keep up their energy, I really did, but it was difficult.

Every interaction seemed dull. I tried so hard to figure out why. I would lie awake in my bed for hours on end contemplating what changed between that moment and a week prior that made my brain stop working as it should. I couldn't figure it out, so I just kept faking it. I had to fake smiles, fake excited- even sadness sometimes because of how empty I'd become -and keep a low profile until I could get myself out of whatever hole I'd created for myself.

Kaminari grabbed onto my shoulder as if his life depended on it, reeling me back into reality and out of my internal monologue, almost causing me to fall.

"Sorry man! I didn't mean to trip you," he panted out. "It's just that. . . I had to grab onto something before I passed out."

"No worries, Kaminari." I replied, taking out my left earbud and hanging it over my shoulder. "What's up?"

"My parents are leaving this weekend on a cruise for their anniversary, so they said I could invite some friends over." He paused for breath, then finished. "Wanna come? You can bring someone else if you want."

I looked down, my eyebrows furrowed, and placed a hand on my chin, pondering. I honestly didn't want to go. Not by myself, anyway. The prospect of going over to a friends house for hours to do nothing but talk was not something I was eager to do. Then again, there was also the idea of bringing a friend. Obviously, I would bring Todoroki, if he wasn't already invited. I smiled at that thought, wondering what we'd get up to. He was the only one who could bring me out of this stupor, even if it was only temporarily. I was slowly warming up to the idea of this party, as long as Todoroki came along with it. "I guess it's not a bad idea," I commented with a small smile.

You're using him, a voice hissed deep in my mind. I pushed the thought away, stricken by it.

"So, you're coming?" He asked as the smile on my face widened. I let the thought work it's way in until I'd settled it.

"Yep. I'll come."

"Great! Text you the details."

~

In bed that night, I texted Todoroki, hoping for a quick response.

Midoriya: Hello, I was invited to a party at Kaminari's apartment this coming Friday. Do you want to join me?