Chapter 1: The Birthdayparty

On the cold day of 29 December, Jin and V are laying on Jin's bed in Jin and Suga's room. V is laying with a face mask on the shoulder of Jin, also wearing a face mask. In the meantime the other members are preparing for the surprise party, taking out the food that Jin already made in advance for today. Jimin is decorating the room, being a bright mood. Jhope is getting games ready. JK is in his room gaming, doesn't want to be bothered, but only wants to party . RM is preparing the drinks and Suga is just walking around, trying to help where he can.

"Hyung, I can feel my face freshen up with this mask. It is so good!" Jin smiles. Suga enters the room and looks immediately away after seeing this scene. "I came to collect something, sorry to bother the beauty queens" He grumbles slightly while entering his room to grab a hat.

Jin pokes softly V's face. "This mask is my favorite, you should be happy that I share it with you, just for today. Since tomorrow is your birthday." V sighs. "being beautiful is hard work, right hyung?" "It sure is dongsaeng, it sure is. But it is worth it. ARMY loves us." Suga, being so done with hearing this, exits the room quickly and returns to the party, pulling down the cap to hide the slight hint of shadow that came over his face.

After about half an hour Jin takes off the masks and prepares to leave the room. RM started a Vlive upon hearing the noises in the room. "Hello ARMY on Vlive, today we celebrate V's life." He laughs at his own joke. Jhope laughs hard, but Suga just rolled his eyes in the background. Jimin is pushing the confetti guns in everyone's hands and JK finally joins everyone too. "We know we are a bit early but we couldn't wait any longer and wanted to surprise Tae for real, so we throw the party the day before he would expect it! I am a genius!" RM winks at ARMY.

Jin and V are leaving the room and the moment V enters the living room everyone screams SURPRISE!!! in his face. Directly followed by the popping of confetti guns, and lots of blowing on the party horns. Jimin is the first to hug V. Everyone else follows. V is emotional and looks at everyone with wet eyes. "Thank you my brothers, you truly are the best!"

After ending the Vlive, they party on. Jhope is challenging JK and Jimin in a game, RM puts arm around Jin's neck and holds him close from behind in a griphold. Jin is getting fake worked up and is YA!-ing all the time. Suga sits on the chair and looks at Jin and RM being all chummy. If only I could be like that with him... Suga shakes his head at this thought. It wasn't going to happen. V is starting to hug Jin too and Jin is just adoring his dongsaeng as always. Jimin notices Suga's darkened expression and decides to take the chair next to Suga. "Hyung, what's wrong?" Suga looks at Jimin and relaxes his expression. How does he know? Suga is staring at Jimin's face. Jimin smiles and pats Suga's shoulder. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but remember that we are here for you, whenever or whatever it is, please come to us or one of us. Don't suffer or fret yourself up too much. We care for you too much to let you destroy yourself like that." Jimin's face turned serious as he said this. Can I really tell him this? Suga, still staring at Jimin's' face, breaths out and starts to talk. "I can't hold back any longer... It is too overwhelming. It is eating me up inside, and I can't do anything. I...I... " Suga looks down at his hands that are loosely resting on his lap, a tear is almost forming in his eye "I have feelings for someone. The real deal. I can't hold it in or back. It is killing me." He bit his lip after he pushed out the words that have been troubling him for a while now. Jimin looks a bit taken aback, but Suga doesn't notice it. "Hyung... you should tell that person how you feel. You will always have a no, but you will never know if you could get a yes instead." Suga looks up and his eyes harden again "It's not that easy!" He gets up quickly and the chair falls back, making a loud noise on the floor, drawing the attention of everyone. He notices the silence it brought forth and hurriedly walks off to his room without another word.