Chapter 26: N.O.

Hye goes to sit next to the door with her back to it

Hye goes to sit next to the door with her back to it. Jimin on his side is also sitting like that. "I know you can hear me. Kyung So. I know it must be hard to get all of this. You have been Jimin your entire life." Jimin cries softly in his knees. "Just take your time. You can still be Jimin. We will just change your name. It is not a big thing. If that helps. Although we will need to alter the family tree too then..." Jimin listens. "Look, you have probably grown up with a loving, warm family. It is not betrayal to them to belong to another family. But I have grown up without a mom because she could not bear the loss of you, my dad is almost never home because I remind him of our mom and I have grown up alone. Only Jin oppa was with me. How often I wished I had at least my brother. And now that I have found you, I want to know you more. Who you are. I don't care about your family or name. I care about who you, this person on the other side of this door is." Jimin stops crying. She wants to know me for me? Whoever I am, it doesn't matter. She just wants me. I want to meet her and get to know her too. She sighs. "I guess I waited so long already for you, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. But I want to have my family back. Or at least the one I shared a womb for 9 months with." She gets up. Jimin hears it. There is a soft click. Jimin opens the door and comes out. "Hye?" She turns around "Yes?" He walks to hug her. "I am home." His voice is hoarse "Welcome back, my baby brother"

The others, who have been listening on a distance, are choking up

The others, who have been listening on a distance, are choking up. V and Jin are bawling their eyes out. JK just has a teary pokerface and RM and Jhope are trying their best to hold back. Suga smiles softly and is touched too. He is comforting both Jin and V and hugging them while patting their backs.

As they all come back in the living room Jimin and Hye are busy talking. Jin has recovered and is seemingly pondering about something. "What you thinking of, Hyung?" RM asks. "I am wondering about BTS's future." "Our future, isn't that something for me to worry about?" Jin shakes his head. "If he is the male heir I don't need to marry Hye anymore." "That's great, no?" "At first yes. But think. If he is the heir, he will need to be trained to take over the company. He will need to learn business. How much time would he have for BTS? And secondly if he takes over the company, he will have to pursue that carriere full time. Resulting in him not being in BTS anymore." RM looks shocked. "You are right... I haven't thought that much." "Also, Hye's dad is very conservative. Man-wife relations only. And Jimin will have to marry soon too and produce heirs with the wife his dad will choose." RM nods. JK who has listened in since he heard the name Jimin, jumps up. "No way! He is mine!" Jimin and Hye stop talking and look up. Jimin smiles. "That's a given, kookie." Hye blinks. "Actually... No... You will have to marry politically. So you aren't his." Jimin laughs. "Good one sis." She isn't laughing. Jimin stops laughing. "Are you serious?" Jin and Hye nod. "No. Not a chance. Not happening!"