Chapter 1 : Moving Day

Trigger Warning: This chapter will contain mentions of self harm.

          Stormy Swan watches as Renee gives Bella a teary-eyed hug at the door, Phil is driving Bella and Stormy to the airport in Phoenix. They've been living in Arizona for a while until Phil got that offer in Jacksonville. Bella didn't want Renee to give up her own happiness and not travel with her husband.

"Come on, guys!" Phil calls from the drivers seat as Stormy hides herself in the backseat. "We're going to be late!"

Bella hugs Renee once more before going to the Volkswagen. She flinches a little when spotting a quiet Stormy in the back. Stormy is quiet because no one cares enough to notice her. She's noticed that Isabella forgets she isn't the only child and Renee forgets she birthed twins.

Phil only hugs Bella at the airport after dropping the girls off, which isn't a shock to Stormy. She even told him bye, verbally, but he easily ignored her before leaving to go back to pack for Jacksonville, Florida. 

The plane ride from Phoenix to Seattle takes a couple hours; the plane ride from Seattle to Port Angeles is only an hour long. Charlie is waiting for his two daughters. Charlie actually remembers Stormy. He remembers fainting when he learned Renee was pregnant with two babies instead of just one.

"Your hair's longer," Charlie says to Bella, Stormy's isn't really the same.

"I've cut it since I saw you last," Bella says in a firm, guarded voice.

Charlie clears his throat as they get into his police cruiser, and he drives to Forks. The house hasn't changed much. Stormy's bedroom is in the attic, which is better because she is a quiet girl anyway. Bella's room is the same room she's always had.
[__] [__] [__]

Stormy is upstairs packing when she hears some honking outside. She goes to the tiny window above her bed in her attic bedroom and spots two guys. The older one is in a wheelchair and has a black cow boy har over his long hair. The younger one has long black hair and is pushing the wheelchair for his dad?

Stormy pulls on a hoodie and she climbs down the ladder. The brunette pulls the hood over her head and heads outside, where Charlie and Bella are already at.

"Bella, Stormy, you guys remember Billy Black," Charlie says as he sees his girls coming out of the house.

Bella looks at Stormy, startled again, and she looks at Billy. "Yeah... You're looking good."

Billy smiles up at her. "Well, I'm still dancing." He looks at Stormy and he smiles. "It's good to see you, Stormy."

"You, too," Stormy says. "I'm going to shower and get prepared for school tomorrow... I have to finish unpacking."

Billy takes her hand and smiles. "Look on the back of the truck, dear."

There is a dirt bike on the back and she smiles a little.

"Just until Jacob can get you your car here," Billy tells her. "I bout you a Jeep for a homecoming present since Charlie bought Bella the truck."

Of course he did, Stormy says to herself. "I need to unpack."

Stormy goes in the house and once I'm her bedroom, she pulls the attic ladder up and closes the door. The brunette human opens her suitcase farther playing her a cassette tape in the radio Charlie gave her upon her arrival.

Stormy begins unpacking her clothes. She's glad she wears jackets and hoodies regardless the weather. Story removes the hoodie she wore outside and looks at the scars in her wrist.

Where she is often forgotten about, Stormy uses a razor to remind herself that she is indeed alive. That she is a living, breathing human being. The pinch of the razor slicing her skin helps Stormy know she is real and not just an empty spirit roaming the earth and not in purgatory.

Stormy runs a finger down the scars and fresh wounds before she begins putting her clothes into the dresser and makeshift closet on one end of the attic. There is a red lava lamp sat on the dresser. Stormy simply stares at the object before she goes back to grab her jeans and sweat pants, and her yoga pants.

"Stormy!" Charlie yells. "Come and eat!"

Stormy pulls off her short sleeve shirt she wore in the blistering heat of Phoenix and changes into a black long sleeve before she opens the attic door, let's down the ladder, and climbs down. Bella smiles.

"I was just coming to get you," Bella claims. "I made spaghetti with veggie sauce."

"Sounds good," Stormy mumbles before following Bella to the kitchen.

"First day of school tomorrow, you guys," Charlie says.

"We're starting in then middle of the semester, Cha... dad," Bella reminds him. "It will be miserable."

Stormy silently eats while Bella complains about having to start school in the middle of a semester. Stormy personally has no problem with it, it's not like people will notice her. Bella will forget about her again as soon as she wakes up in the morning. It's a daily thing.

Stormy silently washes dishes when everyone is done eating while Bella goes to email Renee. Charlie is watching the ballgame and drinking a beer after getting his stomach filled. He talked to Stormy for a while until it grew awkward.

Stormy puts the rest of the clean dishes into the strainer and retired to her room. She pulls the ladder up and closes the door before setting her alarm clock so that she gets up in enough time to get ready and to see how well the dirt bike from Billy Black worked.

Stormy dresses into some light brown satin shorts and a matching camisole before she climbs into her bed. Her brown eyes close and sleep finds her quick enough.