Chapter 41*

[Hinata's POV]

What happened back in the garden, I guess... stays in the garden.

I'm thankful for Ko, because he immediately break the tension between the two, not because he cared but because Naruto's father came and we were all expected to be in a meeting soon.

Toneri flashes me a smile and a thumbs up before he turn the other way, probably just wandering off to kill boredom while me and Naruto were escorted by Ko.

Not one of us breaking the silence.

As soon as we entered the room, I saw Mr. Uzumaki, looking at us, his eyes sparked in delight to see me but it was gone the moment he glance at my father. It seems as though they are fighting for dominance.

"Now that you're all here, I'd like to give my gratitude for you, Minato, for coming all the way here." My father started.

"It's fine, I'm quite a free man now that my son is stepping up to continue what I started." He said, smiling a bit.

"Must have been nice to have a son who will manage everything." My father interjects, making me feel a slight pang in the heart.

"What are you saying? You have two great daughters. Mine's only one. You will have two great minds then." Sometimes I really wanted to exchange dads with Naruto, even for a day.

I really enjoyed their modern family.

Naruto is unbelievably quiet, his eyes are fixed on the ground and I can't even hear the sound of him breathing.

"Enough of this talk, I would like to know more about you and your son. Why did you hide my daughter?" My father said in accusation.

I wanted to tell him the truth but I knew better than to cut him off.

"My son only did what any young man would do to a wonderful young woman. Don't you think they fit? I have no issue about my son's preference when it comes to women... especially when he's being serious and all." Minato said, I can almost see the smirk he had on, just like the one that Naruto has. I dare not look at their faces though, I am only catching glimpse at Naruto. He's like the only person I can relate to, right now.

"You know for sure, about my family and our tradition. Why did you let them do anything they want? Don't you think that's too reckless?" My father asked him, I don't know if he is concerned about us or angry.

"I think they are reckless but aren't we adults as well? What matters to me is my son's well-being and happiness. Just like your girls'. If you want to lecture me about letting them live their lives, I'm in no mood to talk. I came here for negotiations, not a parenting seminar." He dismissed my father.

I could almost choke on my own saliva after I heard someone talking like that to my father for the very first time.

"I apologize for getting carried away. I have no wife to raise them. I've been a very bad father as you can see, no daughter would runaway from a great father." For once, in his life. I saw him let down his walls and it hurt me to remember our life after my mom was gone.

I fight the urge to cry but my tears just started dropping on its own.

"My son is one hell of a pain in the ass and I can't deny that. Maybe you've done your research and I will not deny any of it either. All I know is that when he found her in the streets and heaven knows what happened to them, they just started being happy and Naruto is suffering from a trauma which Hinata is aware and she helped him cope up. Your family did a lot of saving on our asses back then, your wife and your daughter. You raised her well and she is as wonderful as her mother. You know how sorry me and Kushina was when your wife died and how thankful we were because she took care of our only son. We thought we'd never cross roads again but here we are." Minato said to my father who is now silent.