Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Yomiko-chan! "

"Oh , hey Kana-chan what is it?" Miko replied Kana and smiled ,

Satonaka Yomiko , a first-year student in Karasuno High School. Her nickname is Miko , or Ko-chan . She's just a typical girl like in those shoujo manga but a bit boyish . Studies? Average . Sports? Volleyball is her expertise. She's great in volleyball , but she never showed any interest in joining the volleyball club for girls. Most of her friends are in the volleyball club , but she's just not interested in joining volleyball matches in the future.

Her aunt , Aoyama Kyoko is an ex-volleyball coach . Basically , Yomiko learned volleyball from her aunt . Since her parents died in a car accident when she was three , Kyoko volunteered to be her guardian.

Back to the story ,

It was lunch break , Miko is eating her lunch in her classroom while reading the latest issue of Volleyball High School magazine. At the same time , Kana came over to her class to see Miko. Kana is at the entrance of Miko's classroom. And she called Miko.

"Yomiko-chan! "

"Oh , hey Kana-chan what is it?" Miko replied Kana and smiled ,

Since the seat infront of Miko is empty , she sat infront of Miko.

"Whass's yap Kana-chayn?" said Miko while eating her onigiri . Her onigiri leftovers are all over her mouth.

Kana sigh and said "Baka , don't talk while eating! Those onigiri leftovers are all over your mouth , geez! " Kana hand her a tissue , Miko took the tissue and wipe all the leftovers . After finishing her last onigiri , she keeps her container in her desk. She continues reading her volleyball magazine , trying to keep up to date on the latest news on the volleyball tournament.

Kana look at Miko whom is too focus on reading the magazine and pouted .

" Ne , have you join any club?"

Miko look at Kana and averted her eyes from Kana , "Ne Kana-chan, you're asking me this for the third time already , I have not join any club yet ."

Kana-chan's eyes sparkles "Then why don't you the volley- "

"Iyada ."

" EHHHHH NANDE KOU-CHAN , you're refuse me every time I ask youuuu." Kana look at Miko with her puppy eyes while pouting . Miko facepalm herself.

"Why are you refusing ? You're so good in volleyball , and yet you don't wanna join the volleyball club. Why is that?"

"I just don't wanna play in matches later , I'm too lazy." Said Miko. Miko look at the ceiling and thought to herself

There's a reason why I don't want to join volleyball matches. And Kana had never seen me playing in volleyball matches before. And I don't even want her to see me play eithe , not even other girls in the volleyball club.

"You're weird you know, you possess a great talent in sports and yet you're not using it. You know , you're stronger than those girls in the volleyball club. You can actually be a captain one day."

Miko get up from her seat , and said "Gomen Kana-chan , I just don't want to join it's because I'm too lazy." Miko smiled at her and steps out from her class. She went to the toilet , and washes her face. Miko looks at the mirror ,

Why am I getting so emotional.

She thought to herself.

Miko is walking back home like usual . Coincidentally , she pass Ukai's store. She saw Ukai sweeping in front the store. Ukai heard Miko's footsteps and turn her way .

"Yo Keishin! " said Miko

"Oi , I'm older than you , you should called me Keishin-oniisan !" said Ukai in a loud voice while points a finger to Miko.

"How are you ? Still taking care of the store although you're in your 20's? Go get a proper job Keishin"

"Like I said call me Keishin-oniisan! And I'm only 20 this year ! What's with you , being all cocky after so long." Ukai continue sweeping.

"Betsuni." Miko sigh.

Ukai finish sweeping , and put away his broom. He turns to Miko and ask her " What is it , why are you so deep in-." Before he could finish his sentences , his phone rang.

"Moshi moshi"

"Coach , it's me Daichi"

"Oh , Daich what is it?"

"Are we having a practice tomorrow like usual?"

"Yes yes , and I'll be late tomorrow , so you guys practice without me first. Practice receives until I arrive. Focus on Hinata for receiving"

"Hai wakarimashita"

Ukai hangs up. Miko look at Ukai as if she's interested on what he was talking about.

"Volleyball?" Miko asked and her head tilted to the side. Ukai nodded. "Eh since when you're interested in being a volleyball coach? That's not like you Keishin."

"I just make a deal with someone. " Ukai stretches his arm and continue "But I have to admit, they're interesting"

"Ehhhhhh , it's so rare for you to take care a bunch of high school kids." Miko sigh and look at the blue sky.

"Hey you're from Karasuno High School right?" Ukai asked. Miko nodded. "Why did you ask?"

"Karasuno Volleyball Club for guys is the one I'm coaching. Ehh what a coincidence. So did you join the girls volleyball club?"

Miko shool her head , "Too lazy" She looks at her watch. "Ne Keishin , I'll have to go now , janne!" Miko waved at him.

"Oh , bye Miko." Ukai waved back.He wondered why Miko didn't join the volleyball club. She has a spectacular skills in volleyball but never showed interest in playing matches. He looks at her from behind as she walk , and her figure starts to vanish from his sight.

Ukai thought to himself I wonder if she coaches both of them her skills, will they get stronger?

"Nice receive Tanaka!"

"Hinata! You're too slow!"

"Kageyama! Nice receive!"

"Tsukishima , try not to swing the ball too hard or it'll stray from the direction you're aiming"

As usual , Karasuno Volleyball Club members are practicing . Ukai is analyzing them from aside as Daichi and Sugawara is helping the other members with their receiving. Ever since his meetimg with Miko , he could not focus that much. He was thinking on how to persuade her on coaching the volleyball team. At first , he thought it was a crazy idea , but to make the team stronger and the duo , he just had to.

After a lot of practice in receiving, the members sat down on the floor , some of them lying on the floor , too tired from the practice. Daichi gulp down his water. He looks at Ukai , who is so deep in thought throughout the whole practice. Then he went towards Ukai to ask about it " Coach , is there something bothering you?"

Ukai snap out from his thoughts and replied "Oh betsuni, it's just I'm thinking a way of something to make the team stronger"

"Eh don't overwork yourself coach. Yes we want to make it into the spring tournament , but you don't have to force yourself coach" Daichi scratches the back of his head.

"I'm okay , don't worry. It's just , I found someone who can help you guys , especially the duos."

Daichi's face shows a confused look, "Who is that person?"

"I'm not sure if that person agrees with me, but I should take my chance first."

__________________________________________________________