Eleven

Beth

I watch as Lyric rushes past me. I can smell her shame. Almost like it shames her to be attracted to Aghony. I think its sweet. He serviced her during her transition and he saved her when Lessers attacked her. I think that it is sweet.

But how can I get these two past this road block. Obviously, Aghony feels like he cant be with Lyric or he would be. So there is something I need to figure out. Another thing I need to do is make sure that Lyric knows that this matters, that she matters. I dont want her to be ashamed of who has bonded with her. Though I am sure it's not that.

I would feel  ashamed if Wrath did something to me then left after I smelled his bonding scent. I would feel ashamed because he wouldn't want me. So I dont fault her. But I need to keep an eye on Aghony to make sure he doesn't do something stupid before this is all figured out.

"What are you going to do?" Marissa asks me.

I sigh. "I'm going to talk to my hellren. I want to see what his thoughts are on it before I do anything else. But to be safe, I'll have someone shadowing him. Keeping him on the straight and narrow."

"Who will you trust with this?" She asks me.

I shrug. Maybe talking to Wrath first will help settle my mind on this. Maybe Vishous has dreamed of this. But I dont want to bother him. Maybe I can ask him to watch over Aghony. Maybe I can ask Quinn to help. He seems close to Aghony. He has been his partner for a while now. Ever since Wrath wanted to see how he handled the field.

"I'll talk with Wrath before making a decision." I tell her. "Keep this between us. But if you see Aghony text me. I want to get them in the same room before too long."

Marissa nods as we leave the gym. I hadn't expected my usual early evening workout to end this way. Nor did I expect that Lyric would bond so quickly. With someone I have watched grow into adulthood. I couldn't have asked for a better situation. She would stay here and Wrath wouldn't have to worry about her safety or move some glymera asshole into the mansion.

I head up to our room to shower before heading into the office to talk with Wrath. All the while trying to figure out what I am going to say.

********************

I knock softly before walking into Wraths office. He is alone, but I know Saxon isn't too far away. They have been combing through the laws trying to rewrite them to work for the here and now. It's very time consuming, and he is away from me often during the night, but it's worth it.

"Leelan? What's doing?" He asks me softly.

I take a deep breath. "Who would you have called on to service Lyric during her chage?" I ask him.

He sits back in his chair and crosses his arms. "Why?"

"Call it curosity." I tell him.

As I walk forward toward him, I can see he is thinking. I can tell he is considering what I asked. Once I am beside him, he pulls me into his lap and kisses me gently.

"Aghony. I know his bloodline and trust it. I know I can trust him and that he would do anything because he is really a male of worth." He tells me.

"Alright." I say. "What if I told you I think that he bonded with Lyric?"

I feel him stiffen beneath me. I turn and look at him. I wish he wasn't wearing his sunglasses. I want to see his eyes. I reach up and take them off. I see concern and worry in his eyes.

"I... I... I don't know. Why would you ask?" He asks.

I get off his lap and pace. I dont know what I expected of his reaction. I don't know how to explain it.

I take a deep breath. "I just think that maybe they bonded. She said something that after her change she smelled the bonding  scent when he came to check on her."

"What did he do?" He frowns.

"After she asked what the smell was, he left. She hasn't seen him since."

I watch as Wrath leans forward and braces his elbows on his desk. Something  he often does when trying to figure something out. Usually it is something that is troubling him. I watch as he rakes his hands through his hair and he sighs a few times.

"I would say if they bonded so be it. But he doesn't hurt her and he shouldn't ignore her." He growls. "I've barely seen my daughter since she arrived because I've been busy with Saxon. I'll rectify that."

"I will deal with this. Dont you worry. Let's have a night here soon where the brotherhood and warriors all come in and not fight for a dinner party." I offer.

It's the perfect way to get her dressed up and in Aghony's face. It's the perfect plan. I can see how he reacts to her and judge for myself if they are bonded or not.

"I dont know about all of that. The Lessers are ramping up their recruiting and our warriors need to be in the field. We have a bead on a new recruitment center and that needs checked out." He tells me.

It's not the ideal situation but I can make it work.

"Pair him up with Quinn or V. I want him watched." I say.

Wrath nods as he stands and comes to me. I wont be talking to Marissa for a while.