Twenty Two

Lyric

I woke early today because I had hoped to see Aghony before he went out to fight for the night. But I didn't catch him. He was acting weird all day yesterday. Almost like he was hiding something from me. But Because I couldn't get to him tonight, I couldn't figure out what. Beth and Marissa have also been acting weird too. At first meal, they kept smiling at me. They kept smiling at each other. Aghony's mother also was smiling at me. I saw Marissa and Beth walk up to her and start whispering to her. At that point, her eyes snapped to mine and her smile grew bigger. She went on to whisper to his father who also grinned at me.

But now, I am being pulled to my room by Beth, Marissa, and Cormia, Aghonys mom. They force me to shower and when I am finished, they all work on my makeup and hair. I frown, why do I need hair and makeup. Its not like I will be going anywhere. I learned that the hard way just recently, when I wanted to leave to go to a bar, I was told that its not safe for me because I am a female but also the kings daughter.

When they are done painting my face and doing my hair, I am handed a black gown. With the help of Beth, I slip it on. I look in the mirror on my closet and gasp. Its long and reaches the floor. It hugs my curves in all the right places. Against my pale skin the dress looks amazing. I am floored. Not only at the dress but also at the way my hair is curled and hanging around my shoulders. The way my eyes look smokey and sexy all at the same time. I love it all.

"Why am I dressed up like this?" I ask them.

None of them say anything they just smile. I hear a phone ping and watch as Beth pulls hers out of her pocket. She grins up at me.

"Its time." She says as the three of them start leading me out of my room.

They lead me down the stairs and out into the garden off the den. I see flowers everywhere, not just what is planted but so much more. I can smell all their scents in the air. Beth leads me down a path of rose petals and into an opening in the garden. There I see Aghony in a suit. A black suit that makes him look ever so tasty. I cant help the smile that forms on my face. I look around and see all three women off to the side taking pictures. I see my father and Aghony's father, Phury, watching from the door.

When I turn my attention back to Aghony, he is on one knee in front of me.

"Lyric. I fought my attraction to you. I fought our bond because I thought I couldn't have you. I did some stupid things and hurt you. For all of that, I apologize. But I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to do stupid things. I don't want to fight our bond. I don't want to fight my attraction." He says.

"Then don't." I tell him.

"I wont. But I want to do this right. I want you to become my mate. I want to have your name carved into my back so I know just who I go home to each night. I want you. All of you." He says. "Will you do me the greatest honor of becoming my mate? My one and only?"

I have tears running down my face, so I just nod at him. The ring he slips on my finger is a perfect fit. a large red stone surrounded by smaller diamonds. Its perfect. I cant take my eyes off it. He stands suddenly and pulls me into his arms. He kisses me soundly and I cling to his suit jacket. I cant let go for fear I will fall. The sound of clapping and cheering forces us to pull apart. I look around and everyone in the whole house comes out clapping and cheering.

We are greeted by our parents first. Wrath and Beth, Phury and Cormia. Darius, my brother comes next. Followed by everyone else. I get hugs from the women and kisses on the hand from the men. I hear Aghony growl beside me with each one. That smell I love so much of his fills the air. Dark spice and his perfect male scent. It makes me feel warm smelling that.

"He is warning off all of us men. That smell is his bonding scent. You will soon be covered in it. To warn off any unwanted attention from male vampires." I hear a familiar voice growl in my ear.

I look up and see Vishous standing there. "Do I need protection from you?"

"No and you never will. We are all mated." He says then frowns. "Well except John but his mate died shortly after they mated. But you don't have to worry about him."

I frown. His mate died shortly after they mated? That is terrible. I couldn't imagine loosing Aghony. I couldn't imagine him loosing me. I really couldn't.

"Don't worry, love, I have you." I hear Aghony growl in my ear.

"You called me love." I say.

"Because I love you. I know I haven't said it before. But I do mean it. I love you." He tells me.

"And I love you."

He kisses me again and more claps and cheers fill the air. I pull back from kissing Aghony and smile at them.

"How did you do all this? I thought you were fighting tonight." I say.

"Beth, Marissa, and my mom. I didn't fight. No one did. They all wanted to be here to see this." He tells me.

That fills my heart with such love. Everyone wanted to see me get engaged. Everyone gave up fighting the Lessers for this. I am so happy. I cant stop smiling.

"I want to get you up stairs and out of this dress." He whispers in my ear.

"Why don't you?" I challenge him.

He accepts the challenge and before I know it, he is doing just that. Cheers and catcalls follow us up the stairs and into my room.