Two

Aghony

Feeling her go limp in my arms worried me. I know she was in pain. I have no idea what those undead bastards did to her before Quinn and I arrived. But knowing she was hurt by them doesn't set well with me.

Walking past ZeroSum and finding not one but four Lessers attacking a pretrans female, it set fire to my blood. They hunt us to kill every last vampire. But the thing is, they won't. We take out quite a few Lessers nightly, that they are scrambling to recruit members. It's a battle we, as warriors, are fighting. It's one we have been fighting for as long as the race can remember.

A moan beside me pulls me from my thoughts. I am in the back of the SUV as Quinn is driving us back to the compound. I gently run my hand down her back. She settles right down. I look over her black hair  that reaches past her shoulders. She smells of young roses. A scent that makes my blood hot for another reason. My cock stiffens against my leathers and I awkwardly shift around to adjust myself.

I dont know why I am getting turned on right now. The female is in pain and here I am getting a hard on. I shake my head as I feel the SUV slow down. I know we are passing through the gate and heading toward our clinic.

Quinn pulls up to the doors that lead straight down to the clinic and Manny is there waiting on us. I carefully lift the female out of the SUV and carry her into an examination room. Manny instantly gets  to work.

"Better get Jane to look at that." He tells me and he starts looking her over.

I look down and see blood dripping down my hand. The hand I was rubbing her back with. I didnt know I was injured. I leave the room and sit in the hall. I dont want to leave until I know she is alright.

"Aghony?" I hear Jane call from down the hall.

I look up and give her a smile. She comes forward looking concerned.

"You're bleeding on my floor." She says. "Follow me."

I know better than to argue with her. I follow her into the exam room next to the one Manny  is currently working in. I strip off my trench coat and sit on the table. I peel off my tight black tee and I feel a slight sting in my upper arm. How had I missed getting shot?

"Bullet went through clean. I'll just stitch it up and take you off rotation for tomorrow. You will be back in action day after." She tells me.

I dont register the pain of the numbing shot she gives me. I can't stop thinking about that female. I cant stop thinking about that note she told me about. I had tucked it in my pocket. I need to look at it.

"All done. Be careful, dont get them wet." She tells me.

I stand with a nod and head out into the hall. Quinn is gone, probably looking for Blay. I reach into my pocket and pull out the note.

My darling Lyric

To find your father, go to the club named ZeroSum. Look for men wearing black leather. He will be with them.
Remember you have his hair and eyes.

I love you dear Lyric.

I frown. She was there to find her father. With instructions to look for men wearing black leather. This rings familiar. The warriors, brothers and recruits alike wear black leathers and black trench coats. Could this mean she is the daughter of a brother?

I know instantly I need to take this note to Wrath, but I dont want to leave the hall. I need to know she is alright before I go. I need to know she will be fine. Manny has Ehlena with him, shes in good hands.

Part of me wants to go in there and see for myself how she is. But I stand for just looking through the window into her room. I see Manny wrapping her ribs. Shes shirtless except for a black lace bra. My cock stirs at the sight. I force my eyes to look at her face. Her eyes are open and they are a strikingly familiar.

I know those eyes. They belong to our king. How is that possible? How does she has his eyes? It's not possible. 

Ehlena comes to the door and allows me inside. I walk inside and stand beside the female, I now know as Lyric.

"I want to keep her for observations for a day or two. Without an MRI, I am worried about head trauma." Manny tells me. "She has a few fractured ribs and is damn lucky they didnt fully break."

I find myself nodding. "That's good."

"Yes, it is." Manny says.

I look down into those pale green eyes of Lyrics. She looks so small next to my over six feet in height. I find myself wanting to reach out and touch her. Her eyes look so confused and scared. I want to take it all away. I dont want to see those feelings in those eyes again.

"She needs rest." Manny says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I nod. "I see."

I move to leave and I feel a small hand grip my wrist.

"Dont go." She whispers.

The look on her face about kills me. She looks so scared.

"You are safe here. Just relax and rest. You are in good hands. I promise to come back." I tell her gently.

She let's go of my wrist with a nod and I step away. Every part of me wants to stay, but her note needs to get to Wrath. I need to tell him about it. Quinn and I need to report our fight to him anyways.

I slowly leave the clinic and make my way up to the mansion. Every step feels like I am leaving something important behind.

I meet Quinn outside Wraths office. He looks at my bandaged arm and quirks a brow.

"Went through clean. I'll be back on rotation night after next." I say.

He nods before heading into the office. Once inside, I feel nervous. How will Wrath take the note? What will he do? Beth is in here with him. This is sure to be ugly when I tell him she has his coloring.

"My lord, tonight we found four Lessers attacking a pretrans female. While I was waiting for Quinn to return with the SUV, she told me about a note. I read it and think you should know about it." I tell him.

"What does it say?" He asks.

My heart starts racing. Quinn looks at me confused because I didnt tell him about the note.

"My darling Lyric

To find your father, go to the club named ZeroSum. Look for men wearing black leather. He will be with them.
Remember you have his hair and eyes.

I love you dear Lyric." I read from the note.