Twenty Five

Lyric

Beth helps me get dressed. I am wearing a black and red gown. Its floor length and it hugs my curves in just the right places. I don't know how Beth got a dress like this made on such short notice, but she made it happen. I cant stop staring at myself in the mirror. I cant stop staring at how I look. I look incredible. My hair is curled and down around my shoulders. My makeup is very light, but you can still see it. I look so different. I feel different.

I am about to get married... Mated, if you ask my father. I am about to no longer be single or engaged. I am about to go down those stairs and bind myself to Aghony. I cant wait. The thought of it has me wanting to rush down there right now. But Beth has warned me not to do that. She said that she will know when it is time to take me down there. But I am getting anxious. I am getting nervous.

What if Aghony changes his mind? What if he isn't there waiting for me? What if he doesn't want me anymore? What if my father changes his mind?

The thoughts are starting to make me second guess everything. But before I can mention anything that I am thinking, to Beth, she is taking my hand and leading me from my room. She leads me slowly down the stairs. It barely registers that I am barefoot. But When we stop at the doorway to the den, I am in awe. Aghony is there waiting for me. He is wearing a white robe and is looking at me like he could just eat me alive. Beside him is his father, Phury, the one who will be doing the ceremony. I see a podium with a dagger and a bowl of salt on it. My heart kicks up. What is that for?

Beth leads me forward and when I reach Aghony, he grabs my hands. I vaguely remember hearing the ceremony begin. I couldn't look away from his amazing blue eyes. I know I said my part and so did he but I didn't hear a word of it. I couldn't look away from him. I couldn't look anywhere but his eyes.

When he steps away and takes off the robe, I frown. Why is he shirtless? I watch as he kneels in front of his father. Beth and Marissa step forward and pull me back a few steps. When his father comes around to the back of him and grabs the knife, I want to scream but the sound is trapped in my throat.

"What is the name of you shellen?" his father asks him.

"Lyric." Aghony says with a proud note in his voice.

I watch in horror as his father takes the knife and carves the letter L in his back. My father is next with the letter Y. Zsadist, Rhage, and Quinn all round out the carving and I watch as Phury takes the bowl of salt and pours it over the wounds on Aghonys back. I hear a slight hiss from him and I want to cry for him. When his father is done, he wraps the knife in a black silk piece of fabric.

"Present this to your mate, as a proof of your loyalty." Phury tells him.

He walks to me and kneels once again in front of me. He offers me the wrapped dagger and I take it. I clutch it to my chest. Then he stands and kisses me soundly. Almost making me forget that there are people surrounding us. When he pulls back, I am pulled into his chest. I hug him carefully so I don't hurt his back.

He leads me from the den into the dining room where Fritz and his team are waiting for our arrival. We are placed at the end of the table. We are served our food first. I can barely eat. I am too excited to eat. I want to just bask in the feeling of being mated to Aghony. I want to bask in the feeling that I am no longer alone in the world.

The room is full of chatter and everyone makes sure to congratulate us. We thank them graciously. I cant believe that all these people are basically my family now. I cant believe that I am here right now. I never imagined this being my life after my mother passed away. I just wish she could be here now.

A phone ringing, causes the room to go silent. No one speaks as Tohrment pulls out his phone. The look on his face goes from happy to instantly worried. No one moves until Tohrment pulls the phone away from his ear and hits a button.

"Help me. My mother told me to call this number if anything ever happened to me." came a female whisper. "I don't know where I am but I am in a truck. It smells of blood and baby powder. Please you have to help me."

"What the hell was that?" Aghony asks.

"Theres another." Tohrment says.

"They have taken me to a karate studio. I am tied up and cant get the ties loose. I am barely able to use my phone. Please help me."

"The training center? They took her there?" Aghony asks.

"Looks like your celebrations are getting cut short." my father says.

Aghony looks to me and I just nod at him. "Go. Save that girl. She is more important right now."

"I love you." He tells me. "I should have told you before now. But I love you."

I kiss him as he stands. "Come back in one piece. Please."