Four

Aghony

I reluctantly follow Jane out of her room. I don't know why she asked me to follow her. She knew I wanted to talk to Lyric. I wanted to properly introduce myself. I wanted to give her back her note. I wanted to get to know her a bit. I wanted to wait with her while we waited on the results of the blood test. I half expected Wrath and Beth to make an appearance to explain things to her, but that didn't happen. I don't know why Wrath hasn't come down. Or why Beth hasn't come down to see for herself that I was telling the truth. But all I know is I don't want to be out here in the hall with Jane. I want to be in the room with Lyric. I want to ease her worries. I want to help her as best as I can.

"You need to understand, that if she is Wrath's daughter, you need to step back. I cant have him walking into that room and feeling or smelling what I know will be in that room." Jane tells me.

I frown at her. "What do you mean?"

"I felt the tension in the room. It was sexual tension. I don't need to deal with Wrath and his anger right now." Jane tells me.

Had she felt it too? I wasn't the only one who felt the tension in the room. I had to adjust myself as I walked out of the room because just looking at Lyric gave me a hard on. Something I didn't need Jane lecturing me on. What I don't understand is, why I am so attracted to her. Walking into that room, I was instantly hard. Watching her check me out, that made me even harder. Smelling her arousal in the air, that was like my cock was in a vice. I thought I would die. But now I know Jane was aware of it and I need to keep better control of myself. Though I am not sure I can.

"Hey"

Both Jane and I spin back to the room. Fear gripping me. What could be wrong? Is she allergic to the medication Jane gave her? Is she still in pain? Did she hurt herself? I follow Jane into the room and I frown. The air smells differently. Not arousal or anything like that. I cant place my finger on what it smells like.

"Why... Why does my skin feel tight?" I hear Lyric ask.

I frown, her skin feels tight? That's a sign of the change coming. Though, I don't know how soon. I don't really remember my change and what I felt like before it, a year ago.

"Its alright. Its just a slight side effect of the medication." Jane tells her.

I can smell the lie coming off of her. I can see the concern in her eyes as she looks over Lyric. This time when she leaves the room, I follow willingly. If whatever this is, has Jane concerned, I have reason to be concerned. I know its serious. I don't know what it could be. I follow her to the station outside her office and take up the phone. I stand beside her as she waits.

"Beth?... Yes, I need both of you down here." Jane says into the phone. "I think her change is coming fast." Jane nods her head. "I don't know what will happen if she changes with these injuries of hers... Who will service her?"

"I will." I hear myself saying without a thought.

Jane frowns at me. "Aghony says he will service her, as he is down here so I can check his wound... Alright, I will see you in a few."

She hangs up the phone before paging Vishous, her husband. He helps with medical stuff occasionally and sometimes helps with changes that could potentially go wrong. Knowing that she paged him, I am very concerned. I don't know what to think. I want to know that she will come out of this alive, but I also don't want her to change while she is so badly injured. I don't want her to come out of it with a defect, which is a possibility.

Just look at Butch O'Neil. He went through the change and his finger is messed up. That is a minor defect that he is lucky he got, but with her, I am worried it could be more. She could have a concussion and I don't know what could happen with that. Her ribs are fractured, I don't know what will happen with those either, but I am afraid of knowing.

Just thinking about these things, has me walking back to her room. I stop outside the door and look in the window. She looks so small. So scared. Instantly my heart wants to break. I feel so bad for her. I walk into the room, because I want to offer her comfort. I want to tell her it will all be alright, even though I know it most likely wont be alright. I grab the chair out of the corner and put it next to the bed. She turns her head in my direction and I see a small smile form on her face.

"You came back." She tells me.

"I did. I promised I would." I tell her. "I always keep my promises."

Her smile grows bigger and I cant help but smile back. "My name is Aghony. What is yours?"

"Lyric." She tells me. "My note. Did it loose it?"

I shake my head and reach into my pocket. I hand the note to her and she grabs it. I watch as a lone tear falls from her eyes. I find myself reaching out and wiping it away. I don't like the thought of her crying. I don't want her to cry. I can smell her sadness in the air and it all but breaks me.

"My mother gave this to me a week ago." She whispers. "She told me this was how to find my father. I don't know his name, I just know he wears black leather, and that I have his hair and eyes. I was at the club to see if I could find him."

I don't know what to say. Her sadness keeps growing and growing. It feels like its trying to suffocate me.

"I didn't get to go inside and see if he was there. Those men, the ones who attacked me, made it so I couldn't." She whispers. "I need to get out of here so I can find my only other parent. I don't want to be alone in the world."

Her words are cut off when the door to her room opens and in walks Beth and Wrath. I watch as Wrath removes his glasses and looks at the girl. I hear her gasp.

"You... You have his eyes." Beth says. "She has your eyes and hair."