||3||

Tiana Hendrix

"Dang whoever lives here is loaded" I mutter in awe before knocking on the door

Not even a few seconds later it opens revealing a tall man white man in a black suit.

"Wassup—hi I'm here for the babysitting interview?" I nod to myself glancing at my legs realizing I didn't change into long pants to cover the bruises from practice and also from my uncle

"Come with me" he nods

* * *

Fidgeting in my seat I refused to look at the man standing behind me, I got a glimpse of him when I came in and he looked terrifying. It's the way he glares and holds a mean mug on his face that's mostly scary.

He has a tattoo of an open wound on his face and has an intense glare. He also looked just like the dude that opened the door earlier.

Could be twins. . . humph

"Tell the guards to leave" I heard Lauren whisper to the tattooed man sitting beside her

He waves his hand dismissively and all the guards leave immediately except for the one who's giving me an uncomfortable glare.

"What is your home life like?" Lauren questions holding her head up with the palm of her hand

"It's livable but I wouldn't bring a child there" my eyes drop to the floor as I fiddle with my sleeves.

"Why?" the tattooed man asks

Seeing no point in hiding anything I told them.

"My uncle is an alcoholic, an abusive one at that. I wouldn't want to bring anyone into that"

The scary tall man behind me grunts lowly walking out the living room pissed.

"Becoming Delilah's babysitter you'll be here most of the time when you're not a school. Depending on how well you interact with her you could potentially move in and we'll take care of you financially" Lauren grins slowly kicking the tattooed man's leg when he gives her a look.

My eyes flicker from hers to the man trying to wrap my head around everything. Realizing my schedule I sighed before telling them my concerns.

"Wrestling season starts next month and I'm on my school's team, I wouldn't be able to watch Delilah on some Saturdays or Wednesdays and days I have to stay after school for practice. I need and want this job but I don't think I'll be able—"

"We'll figure that out when we get to it, for now, you're hired and will start in three days. We'll go over Delilah's daily routines with you and everything else you need to know about her" the man waves me off, pulling a booklet. "My names Eli by the way"

A little girl strolls in talking to a white cat petting him, she looks at me tilting her head.

I'm guessing this is Delilah

"Who are you?" she questions standing beside Eli

"Be nice" Eli mumbles lowly

"This is Tiana, say hi" Lauren

"Like princess?" Delilah's eyes widen as she runs forward embracing me in a hug.  "Hi, I'm Dada's princess!"

"Hey, I prefer to go by Titi" smiling I glanced up meeting the intense stare from the man with the face tat, he stood by the door watching us.

The smile completely dropped off my face as I stared back at him.

When he met my gaze he nods briefly before tapping Lauren's shoulder giving her a piece of paper, she looked at it then raised an eyebrow at me when she noticed me staring.

"Sorry" I mutter looking away

🌻