||48||

Long chapter again, idk how to stop at this point

Tiana Hendrix

"Geovani please stop, I don't want to talk about your brother I already told you he knows something about my cousin and won't tell me. I'm upset there's nothing else to talk about. You wanted to speak to Sienna I'm going to get her"

"Ok, I'm sorry"

Walking away I bumped into Eli on accident.

"I'm sorry"

I tried to move around him when he grabbed my elbow pulling me back staring down at me.

"What's upsetting you?" he questions gesturing to his office. "you asked about confessing feelings and now you're walking around teary-eyed. Didn't get the response you were looking for?"

Trailing behind him into his office I sat in a chair facing his desk.

"My cousin Ronnie told Remo something that I believe is important but he won't tell me what it is. I want to know but I'm scared of what Remo might tell me, he won't tell me how bad it is either. It's upsetting me to not know what's being said behind my back, I hate secrets just as much as I hate violence. I sound like a hypocrite because I'm keeping something from him but it's just so I won't get his hopes up when he might not get what he's been wanting. I know whatever Ronnie told Remo isn't good yet he won't tell me"

"Let it go"

"What?"

"You heard me, let it go. Thinking about it will drive you mad. You've said it yourself you think what your cousin told Remo is bad news, you want to know so you can prepare yourself but what you don't realize is that'll only cause you more pain. Think of it like a car accident, one with a drunk driver"

Closing the door he sat behind his desk taking out a piece of paper drawing on it, dropping his pen he picked up a different one and continued drawing.

"I don't see how this is helping" I mumble lowly

"Patience" holding up his finger her sat the paper in front of me. "take a minute to review the sketch"

Well he's talented in the art department

He drew two cars, a green car labeled drunken teenager and a blue car labeled sober man.

"I did"

"Good. Blue car is heading out of the city going forty miles per hour, he's focused on the road and a very good driver. Green car is going eighty miles per hour heading in the opposite direction, she's reaching in her passenger seat looking for her next bottle. She swerves into oncoming traffic twice before she found the bottle, drinking she lost control of the car instead of panicking and trying to stop the accident from happening she continued to drink as if not was wrong and left with minor injuries. Blue car panics honking his horn bracing himself for impact, he doesn't make it out alive. Do you know why?"

That was dark

"Because the teenager was drunk and hit him going forty miles over the sped limit"

"No, it's because he tried to brace himself for impact, in accidents like that you are supposed to go against everything your body is telling you and relax. You will walk away with minor problems. You are the blue car, stop while your ahead sometimes it's best if you let things play out even though they might hurt. Nothing good comes from trying to know everything. Pain lasts for a season, not a lifetime"

"How can I let it go when I can't stop thinking about it?"

"Do something that occupies your time and mind, how about you come up with ideas for Lauren's baby shower. That should take your mind away from your situation"