||22||

Tiana Hendrix

The days flew by quickly and now it's the night before my tournament. Remo called off so he could come, I don't want to go but he thinks I should.

Hanging onto him I laid my head on his shoulder while he walks around the kitchen cooking.

As usual, I'm in a shirt and underwear, this time it's a fitted shirt though. He's dressed in something similar as well.

I was asleep until Remo decided to get up signing that he wanted something to eat, I expected him to make a sandwich, not a whole omelet.

"Hurry up, I'm tired" I groan sliding down his body onto the floor. "why'd you let me fall?"

Staring at me blankly he pointed to the stairs, going back to adding different things to his omelet.

"You know I don't want to be alone" crossing my arms I stood up waiting for him to finish.

He glanced at me from time to time, putting his food onto a plate he turned and started washing the pan he used.

Nodding off to sleep I caught myself just in time before I fell into him.

Smiling he shook his head looking at me barely able to keep myself awake. Turning the water off the dried his hands picking up his plate and grabbing my hand leading me towards his room.

Hitting the light switch in the kitchen I leaned into him drowsy, when we made it back to the room I got into bed getting under the covers.

Remo sat on the edge of the bed with his back facing me.

"I'm in tears"

Glancing backward he chewed slowly moving hair out of my face, raising an eyebrow he turned away.

He knew I wasn't crying but he still looked, he does it every time.

Huffing I scooted closer to him then went back to sleep.

***

Remo Marsi

Sitting my now empty plate on the nightstand I pressed the button on the side of my bed, making the lights go out. Tiana made me buy earlier in the week, saying it'll save me from walking over to the switch.

Pushing her onto her side of the bed I laid down exhaling slowly, she's been on edge for the past two weeks.

The messages stopped two days ago but that made her even more paranoid, I have to force her out of the house and drop her off at her cousin's house in the mornings. From there, her cousin drives her to school and watches over her during the times she's there.

I made the mistake of watching the news with her, the news reporter shared that over fifty kids between the ages of ten and nineteen are being kidnapped and sold as sex slaves. Now Tiana refuses to be in a room by herself, she believes she could be taken from our house.

Like I'd let that happen

I left her in the living room while I went to use the bathroom earlier, when I came out she was standing by the door. I had a feeling she'd follow me so I wasn't startled by it.

She's less talkative than normal and she's stopped eating her green veggies, even her nagging about my shirt stopped.

I can't wait until this is behind us, I miss her preppy personality and endless rants.

Feeling the bed she sat up holding her head.

"Remo?"

Tapping her thigh I opened my arms knowing she just wanted to have physical contact with me. Making her way into my arms she laid her head on my chest going back to sleep.