FOUR| adventures in the forest

"We have to go after Jasper

"We have to go after Jasper."

Clarke turned to me from her conversation with Monty and Wells. Archie stood beside me with his arms crossed, ready to back me up. Clarke gave me a look that hinted she didn't want my help, but she knew she needed it. I understood that she may have resented me for siding with Bellamy, but there was no way in hell I would ever do anything to help the Council, and she should have known that from the beginning. 

"We are," she answered as she glanced at Monty. "Monty's staying here to work on contacting the Ark."

My eyes wandered to the wristband on his hand, putting two and two together. He was going to try to build a radio. 

I looked over at Archie, "You should stay with Monty. He'll need a friend here too."

Archie nodded, "Okay, but you better be careful, Harles."

"I will," I said with a smile. "I promise."

Before any of us could head out of the dropship, Finn walked in. He stopped in front of Clarke, and she raised her eyebrows, "You ready?"

"Oh, I'm not going anywhere, and neither should any of you," he looked at all of us. "That spear was thrown with pinpoint accuracy from three hundred feet."

"So what? We let Jasper die?" Monty asked with anger in his voice.

Clarke turned her head to Monty, "That's not gonna happen." She returned her disappointed gaze to Finn. "Spacewalker? What a joke. You think you're such an adventurer. You're really just a coward."

Yikes. That was cold, "It's not an adventure, Clarke. It's a suicide mission."

Clarke walked out of the dropship quickly, and I stepped in front of Finn, "I've already got Miller and the others starting to build a wall around camp with the fallen trees. Make sure it gets done. We'll bring Jasper home since you obviously don't care."

I left the dropship with Wells close behind me. We hurried after Clarke as we walked towards the edge of camp. It looked like I was about to go on an adventure in the forest with two people who didn't like me at the moment. That should be super fun.  

To make matters worse, I spotted Clarke stopping in front of Bellamy as he looked at Octavia's leg. I noticed Atom and Murphy standing close behind them. Murphy gave me a rude glare which I responded to with equal hatred. 

"You guys leaving?" Octavia asked. "I'm coming too."

"No, no. No way. Not again," Bellamy said with immediate protest.

"He's right. Your leg is just going to slow us down," Clarke moved her eyes to Bellamy. "I'm here for you."

I felt Wells tense beside me with a feeling that Wells and Bellamy's dislike for each other went deeper than I thought. It was probably connected to the time from what I had heard from Archie's grand story of the missing months from my memories: I fell in love with Bellamy and broke up with Wells to be with him.