TEN| can't go back

Walking through the forest in the early hours of the morning with Clarke and Finn wasn't exactly my definition of fun

Walking through the forest in the early hours of the morning with Clarke and Finn wasn't exactly my definition of fun. There were hints of flirtation in the air that made me want to puke. Finn hitting on girls was not a pleasant scene to witness for anyone, and for some odd reason, Clarke found him appealing. It was all one big mystery to me. 

After numerous times of telling Finn to shut up and focus, he finally seemed to realize we needed to move faster if we wanted to get to the ship before Bellamy. I wondered why Bellamy wanted to get there first, and what was so important in that shop that he needed to get rid of? 

"Should we split up?" I heard Clarke ask from behind me as Finn walked briskly beside her.

I nodded, "Yeah, don't go too far though. The ship is close."

The three of us went in opposite directions quickly. I picked up to my pace to a job, listening to the annoying crunching sound of the pine needles under my boots. Birds chirping to wake up the forest filled the air as I kept my eyes peeled for the ship. I knew we were right there; right where it should have landed. 

I moved past a few more trees, pushing past thick evergreen bushes until I found myself in a wide clearing littered with the falling leaves of autumn. In the middle of the clearing sat one single pod; old and rusty with burn marks on every crevice. How did that thing even survive the entry into the atmosphere?

My hazel eyes spotted a familiar girl standing in front of Clarke with a wide smile on her face, and dried blood caking the right side of her forehead. She had tan skin and dark hair that was pulled into a tight ponytail. I recognized her as a mechanic; the youngest mechanic on the Ark. Raven Reyes. I never knew her personally, but I respected her for accomplishing as much as she did. My dad knew her too. He helped her through her internship alongside Sinclair in his spare time.

"Harley Winters," I heard Raven say as she saw me. "I thought you were still in a coma."

I smiled as I shook my head and walked up to her, "Yeah, well don't believe every lie the Council tells you," she let out a light laugh as she gave me a casual hug.

"I'm so sorry about your dad," she said as she pulled away. "He taught me so much."

I gave her an appreciative look with sadness in my eyes, "You were his favorite student. He talked about you all the time."

"Raven!"

Both of our heads turned when we saw Finn running from the other side of the clearing with her gaze on Raven. I watched as joy overcame her face, but then, once she was standing right in front of him, she took his face in her hands. I glanced at Clarke, feeling the awkwardness in the air. 

"I knew you couldn't be dead," Raven let out as Finn shot a nervous glance to Clarke. 

That two-timing idiot.

His eyes returned to Raven as he noticed the dried blood on her head, "You're bleeding."

"I don't care," she replied, before pulling his lips down to his in a deep kiss. Okay, even more awkward.