Chapter 7: The Gut Feeling (Kyla's Perspective)

I just got to the lab after my radiation and started doing the usual routine. Checking the supplies, the ingredients, then the cooking. I finished 5 batches of each drug by myself, Fred said he was gonna be here early to help me, maybe he's mad about finding out about my growing Tumor? Ghastlee's guy came over to pick up the products, and Fred still isn't here. My phone rang, it was Fred, I quickly answered making my voice sound pissed off, "Where the hell are you?! You were supposed to be here!" I said, almost shouting on the phone. "I'm sorry, look auntie we've been doing this for a week! Alice is getting suspicious of me getting home late!" I grunted on the phone stopping him there, "So is Tom! Look just get down here, we got new orders of drugs to make, and Ghastlee wants it by the end of today!" I hung up putting my phone away.

3 hours later, Fred rushed in quickly getting suited up for the cook. "Good, you're finally here.." I said as I put the last tray of meth into the machine. "All we need now is to wait for this to cool, break it, then weigh it, also your money is over there" I pointed to a black duffle bag on the table near my purse. "Just leave it, I'll get it after." Fred said as he got the weighing area cleaned and ready. 20 minutes later Fred and I broke the meth, weighed it then put it aside. I and Fred spent almost the whole night in the lab. When we finally finished, I said goodbye to Fred and headed for my car, then my phone buzzed, It was a message from Tom, telling me to meet him at Fred's house. "Fred, hold on!" I shouted, "I'm following you home, Uncle Tom is there." Fred nodded, we both got into our cars and headed for Fred's house. I felt like something bad was gonna happen, like we were both caught or something. We reached Fred's house and both got down, Fred unlocked the door and there they were, Tom and Alice, sitting on the table with a bunch of what seemed like papers scattered across. Alice gave a death stare to Fred, as Tom gave me the same stare."Fred, Kyla" Tom said starring at both of us, "We need to talk, now".