Chapter 12: The Stakeout (Fred's Perspective)

"Wow, that was great~," Alice said as she kissed my cheek, "Next time, I'll take the lead~" She giggled as she laid her head on my chest, rubbing her body against me. "Heh, I can't wait~," I said nuzzling her mane. I then grabbed my phone from the nightstand and looked at the time, it was 4:10 PM."Come on honey, we gotta go to aunt Kyla and uncle Tom's house. She sighed nuzzling her head into my chest a bit more, "Do we have too?~" She asked cutely. I was about to answer, then a knock came from the door, "Mommy, daddy! It's aunt Kyla, and uncle Tom" Saphira shouted from the living room.

Alice sighed looking up at me and kissed me, then got up and got dressed. I got up as well to get dressed, then we both headed downstairs. "Hey Fred! You ready?" uncle Tom asked, seeming a bit excited. "Yea I am," I said while grabbing my car keys, "I'll see you later dad," James said as he walked into the living area holding little baby sam, and sat with Alex, Bliss, and Saphira "Be safe honey," Alice said kissing my cheek, I nodded, kissed Alice goodbye and walked out of the house with uncle Tom.

We both went into my car, I started it up and drove us out of my driveway, and unto the main road. "So any news on this Ghastlee fella?" I asked uncle Tom, trying to strike a conversation. "Nope, he's still unknown, but I have a strange feeling that he is a human." uncle Tom said, clearing his throat. "Look, Fred, I'm really sorry about the whole slamming you on the table thing, I know I apologized, but Kyla thinks that I'm still thinking you have to do with the dynamic duo case." He said as he sighed, hanging his head down. "I looked at uncle Tom and smiled, "Hey, don't worry about it, and you know me, If I find out anything, I'll say something," I said looking at uncle Tom. "Yea your right, you would never do stupid shit like drugs, you're a smart kid," uncle Tom chuckled raising his head up. "Hey, so I was thinking about the initials and it's like you and Kyla, but backward," uncle Tom said chuckling a bit.

My gut sank when he said that, My mind started going crazy, making me think that this wasn't a stakeout, this was a way to get me to admit about my drug cooking with aunt Kyla. "Fred?' I heard uncle Tom say in the background of my thoughts, "Fred?" He said again. I snapped out of it looking at him "Huh? Yea?" I said, clearing my throat, "You okay buddy?" uncle Tom asked having that confused, yet concerned look on his face. "Yea, I'm fine I was just thinking if I left the bathroom sink on," I said chuckling awkwardly, "Ah don't worry about that, I forget if I did things too," uncle Tom said chuckling.

We reached the diner, the place wasn't full but still had enough customers. I pulled into the parking lot and parked a good distance from the diner. Uncle Tom chuckled, grabbing binoculars,looking into the diner, "Nothing looks suspicious in there," uncle Tom said, putting his binoculars down. 'So are we just gonna sit here and wait for something?" I asked while looking out at the diner. "Well, it is a stakeout Fred, but our wives will get mad," uncle Tom said chuckling a bit.

My phone then rang, not my original phone, my business phone, I pulled it out and looked at who's calling, it was Lucy. "Aren't you gonna answer it?" uncle Tom looked at me weirdly. "Yea," I said as I picked up the phone, trying to act like I was talking to Alice, "Hello honey," I said trying not to gag, "Oh, look who's calling me honey~," Lucy said a bit surprised, yet excited, "What do you need?" I asked, trying to stay calm. "I just called to remind you, about our zhing tomorrow, honey~," Lucy said giggling, "Yes I remember, listen I'm a bit busy, we can talk when I get home, bye love you." I didn't even wait for a response, and just hung up. "Alice?" uncle Tom said looking at me, I chuckled a bit nodding, trying not to puke or feel disgusted after calling Lucy, honey. "What did she want?" uncle Tom asked curiously. "Oh, she just called to remind me that we need to get some supplies, but I don't get paid until tomorrow," I said, a bit proud that my lie actually sounded good.

"Oh, well let's go, there's nothing, wait a minute." uncle Tom said looking back to the diner with his binoculars. "That's a human!, I knew it!" He shouted chuckling a bit, "I finally see how you look, Mr. Ghastlee." He continued to say, chuckling a bit. My stomach sank as I heard the word, all I can think about is Ghastlee getting arrested, but killing me, or aunt Kyla before they arrest him!

"Good thing this binocular records what I'm looking at, come on Fred, let's go home" uncle Tom said sitting up straight like he was proud. "Y-You saw him?" I asked stuttering, freaking out a bit. "Heh, yep, wanna see?" uncle Tom connected the video recording binoculars onto his phone, and there he was, it was Ghastlee! Walking around in the diner's kitchen. I couldn't believe it, "Insane huh? An actual human here in Equestria, I'm almost done with this case, I can feel it," uncle Tom said chuckling.

When we reached my house, I quickly got out of the car and rushed inside, aunt Kyla was sitting on the table with Alice, "Oh back already?" aunt Kyla said as uncle Tom walked in. "Yea, you guys won't believe what me and Fred caught!" uncle Tom said excitedly. "We filmed an actual human inside the diner! And I know for a fact, that is Ghastlee." uncle Tom said smiling, chuckling a little as he showed aunt Kyla and Alice.

Alice was shocked at what she saw, but aunt Kyla was terrified, her expression changed as she saw Ghastlee in the video, she looked right at me terrified, I know she was thinking the same thing I was thinking when I was in the car, Death is coming.

"All this time, I thought Ghastlee was like us," Alice said sitting down. I sat beside her holding her hoof. "We all did Alice, but now we know the truth, Ghastlee is a human, and I know he knows the Dynamic Duo." uncle Tom said putting his phone and the binoculars away. Aunt Kyla was just looking at me, and I was looking at her. We both know that Ghastlee is not going down, without a fight, If he goes down, he'll take us down with him.