Chapter 11: The Initials (Kyla's Perspective)

"What is chemistry?" I asked standing in the front of my class facing my students. "Chemistry is a scientific discipline, with elements and compounds," I said, facing my students. I then explained what elements and compounds were, then I saw Tom standing right at my classroom door, in his D.E.A uniform. "T-There are different types of o-of elements." I paused then looked at my students who were staring at me weirdly, the school bell rang as the students picked up their stuff and left the class.

Tom walked in closing the door leaning over about to give me a kiss as I pushed him away. "What are you doing here Tom?" I asked as I walked back to my desk. "Nothing sweetheart just came to check on you, where's Fred, Alice said that Fred was here." I sat down on a student desk in front of me. "Oh uh, he just left not too long ago, he said he needed to check something," I said clearing my throat. "Did he say what he was gonna check?" Tom tilted his head a bit. "Are you still thinking he has something to do with your dynamic duo drug case, Tom?" I shouted at him angrily. " No! For Christ's sake Kyla do you think I'm always looking for him because of that one incident!" Tom grunted laying back on the chair. "But I will tell you why I need him, Mr. Efram mentioned 2 initials, and I have a feeling that those 2 are the duo," Tom said scooting the student desk over.

Fred quickly walked into the classroom holding a bag of cleaning materials and chemicals, "Sorry I'm late, here are the things you asked for aunt," He placed the bag on my desk. "Fred! There you are! I was just telling you're aunt here that we have a new lead in the case!" He said chuckling. "My look became worried as did Fred, "T-That's great, what's the lead?" Fred asked sitting down. "2 initials, might be the cooks, G.F and C.K.". "What who told you those?" I asked looking a bit confused. Tom looked to Fred and said, "Your old buddy Efram, he also mentioned that Ghastlee diner is the place where meets go down, and rumor has it that Ghastlee, is actually human," Tom said leaning back, proud of his findings. "That's, wow Tom are you sure you're going to listen to rumors in the town?" I asked my expression still worried. "Well, it does make sense to why Ghastlee's is closed at some points in the day, and there have been reports of a blonde caucasian human walking the town at night," Tom said.

He then faced towards Fred, "Are you interested in doing a little stakeout together Fred? It'll be fun." Tom chuckled, nudging Fred. "Uh, I don't know?" Fred said as he looked at me, I just nodded at me smiling, then Fred looked back at Tom, "Okay, yea" he said. Tom then chuckled slapping Fred on the back as he got up, "Great! We'll use your car, but I gotta head back to work, come over to the house with Alice and the kids Fred, so you and I can have our manly stakeout!" Tom said as he walked out of my classroom.

I walked over to the door looking out, making sure Tom actually left, then I closed the door and looked at Fred. "He was already on the phone with Ghastlee, telling him what just happened. Fred then hung up and looked at me, "Ghastlee is aware," He said putting his phone into his pocket. " Also those initials are our own, but backward," Fred said looking at me. "I know, I just hope Tom doesn't focus on those initials," I said as I looked at Fred, still terrified.