Chapter 9 : The Good News (Kyla's Perspective)

"Well good news." The doctor said, looking at me smiling holding my results, "Your scans show that the tumor shrunk by 10%" I breathed a sigh of relief, Tom sitting next to me placing his hoof on mine, as I quickly pulled it away. Tom cleared his throat then spoke, "So does she still have to do this treatment?" "Well it depends on her, but I recommend that she does, but she's making very good progress." The doctor said shuffling his papers. The doctor recommends me to do whatever I was doing, then we said our thanks and left.

"Come on Kyla, you can't stay mad at me, clearly Fred has something to do with the Dynamic Duo-" I cut him off yelling at him in the parking lot, "You listen here Tom! Fred is a good stallion, You making this accusation about him being with that...Drug case! Having to slam him on the table last night! Right in front of Alice and the kids!" I wanted to continue to tell him off, but I think he got my point. Tom sighed, "Maybe your right, but Efram mentioned Fred by name, by name Kyla, you gotta understand." He said frowning a bit.

My phone rang, it was Jame. I answered the phone and put it on speaker for Tom to hear. "Hi honey, what do you need?" I asked trying to act calm. "What the fuck is wrong with dad! H-He slammed u-uncle Fred on the table like he was a criminal! Even in front of aunt Alice! In front of Saphira, Bliss, Alex! What the fuck dad!" James said angrily. "Hey you watch your tone with me, James," Tom said calmly. "Fuck you!" The phone then buzzed, James hung up. I looked at Tom as he sighed, "Bring me to the station" Tom said as he put his badge on. "Why? You already threw him in a jail cell," I said still upset. "Just bring me there!" He shouted. I grunted starting the car and drove to the station, Alice's car was there, I pulled into the parking lot parking next to her car. I got out of the car and walked into the station, Alice sitting in the waiting area with her and Fred's kids, Tom just walked past us and into the interrogation room.

I walked over to Alice and sat next to her. "Hey, you okay?" I asked placing a hoof on hers. Alice sighed as she was holding Alex making him sleep, "Yea, I'm fine". "Listen, I'm sorry about what Tom did to Fred, I'm even mad he did that, even James is upset about it, he was yelling on the phone," I said as I fixed my glasses. "How's work?" Alice asked, facing me. "I took leave when I found out about the Tumor, but I'm thinking of going back, the doctor said it shrunk by 10%," I said as I smiled. "That's great to hear," Alice said smiling a little.

3 hours later Tom walked out, with Fred, but he was wearing handcuffs. "Fred, thank god, are they gonna let you go?" Alice asked worriedly. Saphira and Bliss rushed over to Alice hiding behind her. "He's free to go," Tom said as he took the handcuffs off Fred. "Hey Fred listen, I'm sorry about last night," Tom said sadly, "I overthought things, I didn't know he was your friend". "It's fine, you were just doing your job," Fred said as he rubbed his hoofs. "And the other guy?" I asked, looking at Tom? "Well, he's still being held here because of drug dealing," Tom said putting the cuffs away. Fred rushed over to Alice and his kids, hugging them and kissing them. Me and Tom looked at each other, then to Fred and his family. "Well I better get back to work," Tom said as he went back into the interrogation room. 'Fred," I said as I looked at him, "We still have work to do, we're behind schedule".