Chapter 8: Mentioned by name (Fred's Perspective)

"We want to know why both of you are always coming home late," Alice said as she stared at me and aunt Kyla."Is there something you're not telling us?" Uncle Tom asked, sounding serious. "Look." aunt Kyla said looking at both uncle Tom and Alice, "I have some projects from my students, and Fred and I were grading them, Tom you know I have over 20 students in each period! Come on!" Aunt Kyla said, raising her voice a bit. I was really surprised that she had a cover for us being home so late, I just hope it's believable.

"Oh, then why didn't you just say you were helping her out Fred?" Alice looked at me a bit calmer, but still upset. "I know I should've told you, and I'm sorry, I just had so many things going on." I said looking down, "Kyla, you know if you need, you can ask me too." uncle Tom said looking at Kyla, "Yea even me" Alice added. "Well Tom I didn't want to bother you because of work, and Alice, you got kids to tend to, and we all know Fred, always doing some scheme." aunt Kyla said chuckling a bit. Uncle Tom chuckled "Yea, I guess you're right, Hey maybe Fred is part of this dynamic duo drug case." uncle Tom said laughing. My eyes widened as I looked at aunt Kyla, she was shocked he said that too, then we both chuckled awkwardly a little, then sat down.

I was looking at the papers that were all over the dining table. "Hey what's all of this?" aunt Kyla asked looking at them. "Well, it's about the Dynamic Duo drug case." Uncle Tom said, "We found somepony holding a baggie full of Ice and meth, the people in the lab say that it's 98% pure." uncle Tom added. "Uncle Tom said that you have to be a real genius to make it that pure, and 2 minds are better than 1," Alice added. "Luckily this pony named dropped the person he bought it from, Efram Kingsman."

Uncle Tom passed me a picture of the pony, He was a blue stallion with crazy dark blue eyes." Uncle Tom continued to say that this stallion was charged with substance abuse and handling an illegal firearm without a license back 5 years ago, he was booked and confined, but some pony came and paid his bail. I handed the picture to aunt Kyla who quickly snapped a photo of it with her phone."This guy seems serious." I said looking at uncle Tom. "He isn't really, I had some patrol cars scan the area to find him, but no luck." uncle Tom said. "But I know, he has something to do with this Dynamic Duo case, I can't wait to find those 2 fuckers and throw them in a jail cell." uncle Tom said as he took the picture back.

I looked at aunt Kyla and she looked right back at me. "Excuse us for a moment," aunt Kyla said as she got up pulling me to the living area. "You need to call Ghastlee." She said, a bit scared. "I'll call him," I said as I pulled out the business phone and walked past Alice and uncle Tom, aunt Kyla walking back to them sitting back down.

I stood outside by my car and dialed Ghastlee, "Fred, listen we need to talk, it's about one of my workers, someone named dropped him, and now the D.E.A has him in custody!" Ghastlee said sounding upset. "Will he talk?" I asked Ghastlee, "What?" He asked confusedly, "Will he say anything about us? About me and K.C cooking?" Ghastlee said no, then continued to say that Efram was a trusted worker. "Okay, then we got nothing to worry about, I was talking with K.C's husband, all they have is a sample of the ice and meth me that we made, and all they have is Efram's name, nothing else so as long as Efram doesn't open his mouth, were fine, look, I got to go if anything just call me or K.C" I then hung up and went back in, aunt Kyla, uncle Tom were looking at me. I cleared my throat and slowly spoke, "What? Where did Alice go?" I said as I slowly walked over sitting down. "Oh, she went to check on the kids, and guess what Fred." uncle Tom said leaning close to me. "W-What?" I said as I started to shiver in terror. "We got the guy in custody, and he said he wanted to speak to you, and he mentioned you by name" uncle Tom said, giving me a death stare.