Chapter 13: Things got serious (Kyla)

"This is bad, this is really bad!" I said, pacing around, Fred making the last batch of drugs for Lucy. "K.C just relax, this is-." The metal door of the lab opened, Efram walking in holding 2 duffle bags, we walked to the railing and threw it almost hitting me. "What the fuck man!" Fred said as he walked to where I was standing, and looked up at Efram."There's your money," he said in a stern and deep voice. "Well you didn't need to throw it like that you fucking idiot!" Fred shouted, growling a bit. "Hey, it's fine," I said placing my hoof on his shoulder, I then looked at Efram, "Where's Ghastlee?" I asked calmly. Efram just chuckled looking down at me, "You're never gonna see him again, I'm the one that will now pick up the drugs, and deliver your money, now shut up and get back to work," Efram said as he walked out of the lab, slamming the door.

Fred grunted, picking up the duffle bags and placing it on the table, opening one and counting it, "$400,000" He said as he turned around facing me. "That's over, way over," I said, seeming a bit skeptical. "That's because we gave him more than he asked," Fred said, putting the finished products into a blue container and weighing it. "4 pounds, good."He said as he took the container and placed it on the floor

"You want to follow me? You can just wait in the car." Fred said as he took off the protective clothes. "Sure," I said grabbing the duffle bags. "Let's Go then," He said as he picked up the container and walked to the elevator that brought us up to the entrance of the lab, I then opened the door and closed it behind me locking it, as Fred loaded the container into his trunk. Fred got into his car, as I got into the passenger seat. I didn't take my car today because I didn't feel safe when this Ghastlee incident happened, Fred then pulled out of the dirt road and drove to Lucy's place.

I was looking around, then I saw the gun holstered behind Fred's lower mane. "Fred, what's with the gun?!" I was a bit panicked. "It's just for protection aunt Kyla, knowing Ghastlee, he has some of his people watching us right now, waiting for the right moment to strike." He said looking out at the road as he drove. "You think, I can get one?" I asked looking at Fred. "I thought you hate guns?" Fred said looking at me confused, "I do, but like what you said, Ghastlee can be planning anything, I need it for my safety, but I don't want Tom to know that I have a gun, he'll get suspicious," I said as I adjusted myself on the seat.

"Okay, there's an extra one under your seat, it's a 6 shot revolver,", "I know what a revolver is Fred," I said as I took the gun under me and placed it in my purse, hiding it under a bunch of old receipts I had.

We finally reached Lucy's place, It was an old-looking house, but still looked maintained from the outside, short cut grass, with a few yard ornaments around. "Wait here, and be on your guard," He said leaving the car and opening the trunk, grabbing the container, then walking to the front door and knocking. Some white stallion with a blue mane opened the door, Fred walked in and the stallion closed the door behind Fred. I had a strange feeling that something was about to go down. It was quiet out here, then the next thing I know I hear gunshots, from inside the house.