Chapter 3: Meet, Lie, Plan (Kyla's Perspective)

I sat in Ghastlee's Diner holding a cup of coffee, the place is hardly full. It's an okay size diner, but the decor looked. Freaky. Like the owner has a huge obsession with these weird SCP creatures and mounted them on the walls, I mean he even has a plague doctor mask on the wall right where I was sitting, the thing looks like the thing was dipped into shit, and hasn't been cleaned in years, and plus it smelled.

I looked at my watch and grunted "Where the hell are you, Fred? it's already 11:20 PM" I said before taking a sip of my coffee. 2 minutes later Fred walked into the diner and sat by me, "Hey aunt Kyla how was your appointment? Did you find out what was causing your headaches?" Fred asked, trying to start a conversation. "Uh. yea, the doc said it was just too much stress" I said stuttering a bit. I didn't want to tell him the truth, after seeing James cry and how Tom reacted in the clinic, I'm worried of Fred doing the same thing. "Too much stress? Auntie, you do know I'm a doctor too right? Why didn't you come to me?" He said adjusting himself on his chair. I felt bad lying to him, Fred is a good kid, but sometimes, you do what you gotta do. I sighed looking at Fred, "Yes I know you're a doctor Fred, but I didn't want to bother you." I said trying to make it sound sincere. "Anyways, Fred I need your help, what is the fastest way you know of making money?" I asked while fixing my glasses.

"Make Money?" He repeated, seeming confused, "Auntie, why do you need to make more money?" He asked. "Well I just need it, you know..for my family," I said, taking another sip of my coffee. "But doesn't uncle Tom work for the D.E.A doesn't he get paid a lot?". "Fred stop asking questions, do you know how to make more money or no?" I jumped in seeming a bit upset.

"Well" He said looking out the window as he froze. "What is it?" I looked out the window as well seeing a real drug deal going on, We can see the process going down, the money and the product, It looked like meth. "Should we call uncle Tom?" Fred whispered, still looking out. "No," I said, still watching, seeming interested."Well looks like you found your answer auntie." He chuckled facing back to me. "What? No, I'm not doing that! Your uncle Tom works for the D.E.A, I'll get busted!" I said, seeming a bit surprised about what Fred recommended. "Auntie, those guys make a lot of cash! With both our skills combined, we can make more money!" Fred started to say, seeming a bit excited. "Wait, you wanna help me? Do that? Make meth?" I questioned giving him that surprised stare. "Not only meth auntie, anything. Any drug, Imagine that auntie! Imagine all the money being made!" He started to say louder, seeming more excited. "Hey keep your voice down, And plus we both have families, how would we maintain? And where would we cook? And what if your families find out, especially your uncle Tom?" I started frantically asking questions, slowly getting scared.

"Relax, our family doesn't need to know, and just leave the place to cook to me." Fred smiled. "What about the money? What if we get questioned?" I asked, seeming a bit more confident about this plan. "I'm a mercenary, just say you got the money from me." He sat back seeming relaxed, "Also, we are 50 50 partners, okay auntie?" He stuck his hoof out waiting for a shake. I shook his hoof and said, "Yes,50 50 partners".