Chapter 5

"Do me a favor and get this over with will ya?" he says as he and I stare across from each other.

"We'll see."

.................

Their sensei turns to the blond-haired girl, "Okay while I monitor their match you and Choji do whatever, just don't get into trouble

Their sensei turns to the blond-haired girl, "Okay while I monitor their match you and Choji do whatever, just don't get into trouble." He instructs.

Inos eyes light up as she raises her balled fists to the sky. "Yes! Finally a free day! I've been wanting to go shopping lately!" Ino happily cheers. Due to Inos reaction, Choji regains a face of realization. "A free day? I've been wanting to try these new limited-edition chips! And now I can!"

Hearing a groan in the background, I spare an unimpressed look at Shikamaru as he gapes even more in shock and frustration probably knowing that he could've spent his time doing anything else but sparring with me.

"Oh no you don't." Asuma quickly remarks, clicking his teeth as he interrupts the duo's fantasy session. He turns his body to the two as the overly ambitious Ino and Choji pause in their thoughts.

"Huh?" Ino and choji both question in unison.

He sighs, leaning down to meet the twos aghast, open-mouthed, faces, "When I said do whatever, I meant training, not diddle dallying around, now go." He reprimands, practically shooing them away.

Inos face falls, obviously beaten from how quickly her high hopes had dropped. "Oh cmon Asuma-sensei, how are we supposed to train if you're watching their match? Just give us a day off, pretty please?"

Asuma rises from his bent down positions and stares down at Ino, glimmering eyes, with clasped hands and all. What a cute look, how can you say no-

"No, if you need my help with something just ask and I'll come okay?" Well like that I'd guess.

She sighs, her shoulders slouching as she slowly but surely turns her body. "Fine." She lowly responds, finally giving up and walking away with a disappointed looking choji.

"Bye-bye Ino." Shikamaru jokingly says, watching their backs get smaller in the distance. I eye him with a calloused look, he just is overjoyed knowing that he didn't fully get the short end of the stick. That being me!

By the time Shikamaru and I reach the center origin of the training grounds, filled with bright green grass and leafy trees, Ino and choji have made it quite far.

Leaning his back against the tree, Asuma raises a palm to us, speaking from several feet away. "Sorry about that guys, now you can start now!" He announces meaning our match has begun.