Chapter 44

"Do you often appear out of nowhere like this?" I say squinting my eyes at the rustic man stalking outside my door

"Do you often appear out of nowhere like this?" I say squinting my eyes at the rustic man stalking outside my door. I was planning on leaving to sharpen my fans, but with him standing here, it's as if he's caught me. He loosely turns around blowing a line of smoke out of his mouth and I stop the urge to cough. "Akari! You see, I knew you wouldn't listen to your sensei, you know, I'm getting pretty old, do you enjoy aging people, Akari? Do you?" He says with a plastered fake grin.

"I wasn't planning on leaving my compounds, you must be aging naturally. I would like to recommend jade rolling, heard its worked wonders for others, have a nice da-" I quickly let out, placing my wrapped palm on the back of my door and shutting it closed before he pushes it open, "Oh no you don't-" He mutters opening my door back open freely walking in my home. "I believe this is illegal." I say clenching my doorknob and turning around to the man. He's gotten too comfy here lately.

"Yeah yeah, bring it up to the Hokage." I hear behind me with the sound of his shoes, as I shut the wooden door, it's a joking taunt, knowing full well that reporting Asuma for walking into my house is the least of my priorities. I let out a long sigh and turn around to Asuma. "Did you have something to speak to me about?" I ask walking to him as he finds a seat on one of the many couches.

Wanting to keep this conversation as short, and simple, as possible I stand, patiently awaiting for his answer. He looks up at me, "Well for starters, did you and Shika reconcile well?" My body naturally freezes at the question, not expecting such a forward one. My body relaxes soon after, I gain nothing from obscuring the truth, it's also safe to expect that Shikamaru would tell him anyway. Although, I still respond in my blank fashion. "Yes. Is that all?"

"Ah that's great! It's so hard getting through to that dull boy." He replies with his everyday smile, not seeming to mind. Does it not bother him that I respond like 'I'm reading a book I was forced to read'. I've never noticed it before he pointed it out, it's how I've always spoken.

His face falters and he seems to become more deliberate. "Akari, I'm serious about wanting you to rest. If you don't want to do any medical tests, then this is what I'm telling you to do." He says gulping the slightest bit turning his head up to me. I narrow my eyes and turn my face away from him, considering if I want to have such a frustrating conversation. My shoulders slump and I sit across from him, with a small, low table, between us, giving in.

"I gave you my past information the day before yesterday did I not? What else could they want?" I ask crossing my ankles and placing my right hand on my knee. He gains a face of thought, considering what to say. "The Head Medics told me that they wanted to do blood testing, and an x-ray along with a couple other small procedures. My eyebrows begin to crease, "No, I'm not doing that." I flat out say, not taking a second of debate.

I don't care how injured I may be, I don't fully trust the heads here, and having any other info on me, wouldn't do me any good. I have no idea what's going on with my own body, I don't need Konoha knowing before myself.