Chapter 12

"As I was saying...your birthday. We have an early gift for you!" Michi announces, digging into his pouch, pulling out a summoning scroll.

Minori recovering from his fatal hit, finds his way closer to us two, nodding his head impatiently.

Bouncing off their excitement in the giving of my gift, I can't help but feel quite a bit curious now.

I tilt my head, "What is it?"

.....................

Michi unravels the scroll as it lay in the middle of the three of us, the beige color on the green grass

And out comes a square-shaped object as it pops out of the intricate writing, small traces of smoke following soon after.

I look to them as they both glance at me with a frenzy in their eyes. "Go on! Take it, princess!"

Slowly, I hold onto it, the bulk of the odd object heavy in my hands. A smile grows on my lips. "I love it," I whisper, staring into a clear glass-like circle that protrudes out.

The two brothers look to each other, now content that I've expressed my joy for the gift

"What is it?!" I question, my curious eyes not faltering.

Their eyes drop and they blink rapidly, "Y-you didn't know what it was the whole time?"

"No."

Michi sighs, extending his hands, lightly moving the square object around. "It's a camera little Akari."

My eyebrows raise, as I quickly look down at my gift. "Camera?" I analyze the camera even more so than before, now that I know what it is, I hold the lens into my eye, running my fingertips against the protruding buttons.

I'd hardly seen a camera before unless they were descriptions in my studies, in which I vigorously analyzed.

I pull the item away, looking down at it, "How did you find such a camera?"

Minori exclaims at me, Well none other than the Fire Nation! You do know they're packing in everything." I nod firmly, as big as the Ayumu nation is, the technological advances are nowhere near the ones at Konoha. My tutor had once told me to create a case study on such matters, as well as create a new form for our own. As one line had stated, 'technology belongs to no one other than man themselves.'