Chapter 28

It turns out that our next round, the one proctored by that strange girl. Is to be taken tomorrow.

And as I walk through my run-down compounds, and a sun setting just behind me, displaying warmth against my overly cold skin.

Or now...hot skin. I clutch the side of a wall, burning extruding to my throat as well as along my limbs.

I know that I am fortunate for that.

And I cannot control how much I regurgitate into the side of this building. I had expected this, once I had taken that pill, I truly did. It's seemingly impossible to focus on which pain to aid as I clutch the side of my head in agony whilst burning my insides.

So much so that when my vision goes blurry, and my sights go dark. I allow it to happen.

...............

With sore eyes, they feel dense and

With sore eyes, they feel dense and...strange in a way. But I cannot focus on that when the weight of my mask still laid out on my face sickens me, and the damp cold feeling of a weighty fabric draped around my neck slips and slides from the small remnants of water.

My bones practically creak from soreness as if I was a withered board. I can only remember the small minutes of expected vomiting and the same burning, gold markings embedding into my limbs residing just outside my compounds.

In ways, I would much rather prefer to remain crippled in whatever deep sensation I lay in graced with nothing but darkness.

But—just the mere thought of anything causes me to drop at the stomach, a nauseous feeling building up in my insides.

My eyes burst open as I rise from wherever I am, a loud choking sensation leaving me. I hadn't known what I expected, perhaps had I been kidnapped...again? Or did I lie in the same spot, lonesome to aid?

When my black eyes search around me, my chest decreases. The familiar setting of my room, and the red curtain flowing feet from the open window of the nightly winds feathering my long black eyelashes.

It is not as if I needed any aid. I am more concerned as to how I arrived here...Surely I would have remembered traveling to such lengths.

Although, it would seem that my wandering mind distracted me from what truly goes on as a long line of a damp spot drags down my neck, a wet rag hitting just my thigh. Or more so—the blanket that covers my thigh.

My brows quirk up as I clutch the white fabric as it was once folded neatly.

I cannot focus any longer as my vision blurs, the dim colors muddling together, and my stomach beginning to tighten. I did not know I had the ability to run so quickly as my silent steps fly through my room in search of a bathroom as the much larger one I am accustomed to is hallways away.