Chapter 45

Ping! Is the sound of the small pouch filled with large golden coins as it falls onto the farmers desk

Ping! Is the sound of the small pouch filled with large golden coins as it falls onto the farmers desk. It's an extremely tiny village, I possibly couldn't even count it as one due to how low the population is. The man sits outside with a small wooden overhead above him and a minimum amount of crops and animals near him.

He holds a book before looking at the pile of money I've given him. I watch his eyes go wide as he looks up at me with a shocked expression "Huh! What is- Who are you?" He asks more confused than surprised. I'd be confused as well, I don't look like the welcoming type.

The day is hot and winds come and go, My hat casts a shadow on my mask and one of the few sporadic gusts of wind follow, my kimono sleeves and small hoop earrings moving slightly to the right. "One of those horses, I'm going to buy one off you. Is that enough?" I ask, pointing to the stables far behind him, not caring if the horses were up for keeps in the first place.

He stares at me blankly as if there's something on my mask, "Are you going to answer my question?" I ask, wanting to get a move on. I've been traveling for roughly a day, if I keep moving by foot then this trip would take me a week, it's practically across lands. With a horse I could shorten it to three. He stops staring at me and stutters, "Ah- uh-, this is quite the sum of money huh! Uhm...Are you sure?"

He stumbles over his words but I know the amount I've given him is enough to practically buy the whole village, the money that Konoha gave me after the death of my family was so much that I didn't know what to do with it, either way, money is never a problem. Stealing is easy, or simply gaining money from skill. Nevertheless, I couldn't give a care in the world how much I give this man.

The old farmer watches me carefully chewing a piece of wheat in his mouth and dumping my coins somewhere under his stable. He gets up, with a hunched back handing my now empty pouch back to me. I grasp it with my wrapped hands, "Well, follow here, little...uh girl?" He replies holding his arms behind his hunched behind, questioning my gender, the only thing leading him to his answer being my chest.

I scrunch my eyebrows at him, ignoring his crude mishap, I guess I have lost more weight. We walk through a semi barren field as I spot a couple chickens and goats. It's not a lot to others, but it's simply a subsistence farm. Enough to feed such a small home. "Well, where's Someone like you headin'?" He questions, I step over more pieces of weeds, trying my best to not throw a random goat that keeps attempting to eat my sleeve into an oblivion. "Near the north ocean." I state, staring ahead.

He raises his eyebrows at me, "The North Ocean eh, where all the ships are huh?" He asks looking at me questionably. "There is only one North Ocean sir." I answer blandly. He stares at me for a couple moments before chuckling, "Hah, what's a child got to do with traveling to such a far place by themselves, ya don't got any parents don't ya'."

I disregard his intrusive questions, he stares expectantly at me before not caring for my answer anymore, we reach the horse stable and there's only two, a white horse with black spots, and a reddish brown one. He turns to me, "Have your pick little girl, these stallions are prized here and all I can hope is that they go to a good home eh!" He says, ending with a small cheeky grin petting his two horses.