memories

after the surgery they're shifts were over so they were on their way to change...on their way Alex went up to Meredith side hugging her.
Alex
Mer
"heyyyy mer how was your first day"
"exhausting I'm ready to go home"
" Me too where's hayes and Lexie so we can drive home together"
"Lexie is still in a surgery I think but I think Cormac might be changing that's where I'm headed right now..cmon let's go change"
*their in the attending lounge**meredith and Alex just walked in with Derek in front and indeed Cormac was in their*

Meredith
Hayes
"babeee I missed you..." hayes said walking over to Meredith to give her a kiss
"I missed youuuu...but I'm so glad to go homeee now"
"hey I was thinking how about you show me around Seattle one of these days I would love to get to know the place where my beautiful girlfriend was born in"
"beautiful idk about that...but yeah we should go out!!"
"Meredith you are the most beautiful person I've ever met"
*they walk out and leave derek behind he felt so jealous and he was so hurt inside*

*A FEW MONTHS PASS BY AND DEREK AND ROSE ARE STILL DATING AND HES THINKING OF PROPOSING...MEREDITH AND YES ARE SO IN LOVE AND HAPPY ASWELL!! BUT NOT FOR LONG SOMETHING BIG IS COMING...*

Derek POV
It was a normal day at the hospital. Today was the day I was going to propose to rose today I don't know if it's a good idea, but it felt right...I asked a lot of people to help out fill out the hallway where I met her and to hand her roses as she walks down to me...as I was giving everyone roses I realize that Meredith came to help...
"Meredith you don't have to be here if you don't want to" said derek to Meredith
"you asked for help that's all I'm doing...it's okay I'm happy for you!" Replied Meredith
*rose grabbed all the flowers and was with Derek*
"rose you have been a light in my world and You and I fit...so*he gets down in one knee and looks at Meredith one last time...it looked like she had tears in her eyes but I had to continue* rose will you marry me?" Said Derek
"YES YES YES!!!!" answered rose and kissed Derek...Meredith couldn't handle staying their so she left as soon as they were finished kissing...Derek saw her leave and felt this feeling in his heart that he just couldn't explain...

*a few months past by and they're was a few weeks left for the wedding everyone was invited including meredith*

*alex,Meredith,Lexie,and Cormac were all in the living room watching tv together until they get disturbed*
*cormacs phone starts ringing*
the guy on the phone
Hayes
"Hi is this Cormac Hayes.."
"this is he"
"Dr.Hayes please hold for the president"
"excuse wha- the president"
"please hold while your call is transferred to the president" *cormac couldn't believe it*

President
Cormac
"Dr.Hayes nice to speak to you..."
"no thank you it's a honor sir to be speaking to you..."
"well I'm a straight forward guy and let me just tell you I'm impressed by your research that you recently published and I would like to take it to the next level" *behind story- Cormac has been working on this PEDS research that was going to help a lot of kids with pneumonia...it was just research at the time and in order for him to continue he needed a big grant- and that's when the president comes in*
"I'm sorry I'm not understanding"
"Dr.Hayes I am offering you a job..to work with me and my healthcare team-I'll give you all the money you need to continue your research and eventually do a clinical trial"
"It would be a honor sir but I am afraid I'm going to have to call you in a few minutes with an answer"
"Totally fine!! Call me when you've decided...once in a lifetime opportunity"
*the call ends*

"what was the call about" asked Meredith
"it was the president...he's offering me my dream job" said Cormac
"dude! that's amazing" said Alex
"congratulations you deserve it!!" Said Lexie
"I'm really proud of you cormac!!" Said Meredith
"um actually I would have to move to the DC...I don't know for how long I will be gone for" said cormac
*they were in complete silence*
"mer can i talk to you in private please"
*they both walk to the kitchen*

Cormac
Meredith
"Meredith you say the word and I won't go"
"no Cormac...this is your dream *she rubs up in down his arm* i don't want to be the one who keeps you from going"
"Meredith I don't want to hurt you"
"you'll be hurting me more if you don't go"
"I love you"
"I love you too...and I know this will be great for you!! I don't regret any of these past few months!"
"me either!!"
*they hug for a long time then Cormac calls back to the president and tells him he accepts the job and then they walk out*
"I'm leaving..." says Cormac to Alex and Lexie
"I'll miss you bro" says Alex and pats him on the shoulder
"i know you'll do great things in DC good luck!" Said Lexie

AUTHORS NOTE: THIS WAS GETTING TO LONG SO ITLL CONTINUE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER