CHAPTER 3

"THESE SHEEP JUST LET US IN?" I heard Willa, the head of the wolf pack, say to her brother as she hit the lockers with her claws, "Bad idea."

"We agreed to play nice," Wyatt, the boy, stated to his sister as I rolled my eyes, resuming to fix my textbooks in the locker, "Oh, this is me being nice."

"Now let's find that moonstone," Willa said.

"Moonstone? What?"

"You must find the moonstone, Willow. Before it falls to the wrong hands."

A distant memory played on my mind as I shook it off my head. The wolves walked away after Willa announce their goal or, so I thought, when I shut my locker, Wyatt was standing there with a small smile.

"Hello," I rolled my eyes and sighed in annoyance, I crossed my arms and asked, "What do you want?"

"I wanna say that we're not here to hurt you or your friends," He said. I raised a brow at him, who was just giving me a small smile.

"Then, why are you here?" I questioned, still not letting my guard down.

"I just want to make friends with you," He said, trying to come closer to me as I took a step back. Another scene played through my mind as he said those words, a picture of a young boy and girl in a forest. I shake my head, erasing the scene from my mind. "Well, I've got plenty of friends. So, get lost because you'll be late for your class," I said to him as I started making my way to class.

"So, what's your first class?" The boy asked, trailing behind me as I took my phone out and check for anything new in my schedule.

"None of your business," I said, rolling my eyes.

"History, right?" The boy asked, I raised my brow at him. He pointed to my phone, smirking at me.

"Can I walk with you?" He asked as I rolled my eyes, nodding to him as a 'follow me' sign.

"I'm Wyatt, by the way. And you are?" He asked me, stopping for a while.

"As I said earlier, none of your business," I answered, continuing to o to class.

"Well, I think it's only fair that I get to know your name since I told you mine, and since we'll be classmates for a long time," The boy pointed out as he stopped in front of me. I crossed my arms and raised my brow at him, giving him a slight glare.

"Fine," I said, giving in after a minute of just standing in the middle of the hallways, people staring, "It's Cassandra Wells."

~

"So, you're telling me I look like the girl you met a few years ago?" I asked, chuckling a bit as he continues.

"Yeah, weird, I know, right?" Wyatt laughed awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, I actually don't remember anything from my past," I said to him, as he frowned a bit, "Coincidence, maybe?"

"Uh, hey. You wanna go out later?" He asked, smiling a bit sheepishly after some awkward silence. Somehow, after having some time with Wyatt, I had a connection with him immediately. It made me show some part of me, a part from my past.

"Sure, why not?" I said, smiling at him with my sincere smile.

"It's a date then, bye cutie," He smirked at me, giving a small wink as he went off not before kissing the back of my palm and then twirling me around.

~

"Hey Bree, sorry I'm late," I said to her, giving a small smile as she did back saying, "It's okay."

"What happened? I haven't seen you smile like that for ages," Bree commented as I rolled my eyes and took out my homework, passing her it.

"What? This is my usual self," I said, exaggerating the what, making it obvious to Bree, "Fine, Wyatt asked me to hang later."

"Hey, that dog just ate my homework!" Bree exclaimed as Wynter, one of the wolves ate the piece of paper from Bree's notebook.

"Here, you can copy mine," I said, turning to get my chemistry notebook but only to face Wyatt, "Oh!"

"Stalking me?" I smirked at him as he shook his head no.

"Just want to say hey," He said as Addison went to sit on the other side of Bree.

"Lies!" Willa yelled, angrily as she slammed the books on our desk, "These history books claim werewolves attacked Seabrook settlers."

"But they struck first and stole our moonstone," Willa corrected as Addison gave a sad look, saying, "I'm sorry, I didn't know that."

"No, Addison. It's not our fault, we didn't know what our ancestors did to you, but whatever happened I'm hoping you move on," I said, standing up from my seat and getting frustrated at the leader of the wolves.

"There's a lot you don't know, Jinx," The girl glared at me, her eyes glowing yellow shortly.

"You better run, little Jinx," The words echoed in my head, haunting a memory.

"Our necklaces have a way with electronics," Wyatt informed us as he smirked at the three of us, leaving with Wynter by his side.

"You okay, Cassie?" Addison asked, looking at me concerned as I nod a bit.

"Yeah, you look like you've seen a ghost," Bree pointed out as I sat back down.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly okay," I said, putting on a fake smile as I did my homework once again.

~

"Hey Cassie, are you going somewhere?" Zed asked me as I put my books back in my locker, "Yes, actually."

"I'm gonna go meet with Wyatt," I said slowly as he smiled at me wide, "Perfect, I'll take you to him!"

"What do you mean?" I asked but didn't get an answer as Zed pulled me by my arm and ran to God knows where!

~

"Win the wolves' vote, win the election," Eliza said, stopping in our tracks as we found the wolves sitting on a table outside a shop, "Easy."

"And how would you do that?" I questioned Zed, crossing my arms as he gave me a smirk.

"Wyatt likes you, if he likes you then maybe he could get their pack to like you and us," Zed explained as I raised a brow at him, "So, you took me to get the vote of the wolves?"

"Yeah!"

"It was Zed's plan, Cassie," Eliza whispered to me, I rolled my eyes and nod my head at the wolves as we walked over to them.

"Hello wolves, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Zed, zombie, football star, presidential hopeful," Zed introduced to the wolves as they gave raised brows at him, not giving a care.

"She's Eliza and I'm—" I was cut off by Willa, saying, "We know who you are, Jinx."